Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #41
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Count me in

I bought the V-max, maybe you've heard of them. It's the perfect example of what can be done with a V-4 w/liquid cooling. As superior to a standard (Harley or Harley type copy) as it is the real surprise is it can be modified to produce gobs more power. Imagine that, a real motorcycle motor only 1200cc thats stomps any standard Harley type V-twin even the Vulcan 2000cc, and it's super reliable left stock. Now that's in your face proof the Harley type V-twilns absolutely SUCK. Throttle response, power, HP, Torque, the liquid cooled V-4 is a better platform to build on. Even the Honda 750cc V-4 (Magna and VFR) are superior motors to the Harley type V-twins. The reason I keep saying Harley type is that it is possible to make a great V-twin. For example, the Honda RC-51 and Blackbird. As long as companies keep copying crap(Harley) they will have inferior products. Just think what we could be riding if the undeducated, follow the crowd folks had a clue.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #42
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Count Chockula

If you want a Harley, buy one. If you want to copy a Harley, copy it. Freedom of choice I think it's called.

Personally (now that I own a Buell) I think Harleys are way cool.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #43
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Finding a Future in the Past

Yes, why yes it is. Almost boutht one since I had 4K built up on my old GM credit card. Toyota quality for the price of GM. You are right though lots of folks would probably buy the Vibe but not the Matrix due to perception not reality.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #44
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Apparently we'd all be riding liquid-cooled V4s if you had your way.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #45
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Count Chockula

Good for you, the Buell's are apples to oranges compared to the average Harley poc. The Buells are superior in almost every way, and far cheaper. You made the right choice.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #46
maxriderdon
Founding Member

No, not everyone, by choice just most of us.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #47
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Those choices are available now and it's not happening.

I guess you're just too smart for all of us.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #48
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default God wants you to sell your bike Buz

V-4 God's choice in motorcycle engine design. Narrow, powerful, etc. Ducati engine of the future. In 2006 you will have to trade in your Duc and MV for the new Ducati Desmosedici GP5 Street Version. It will dominate WSBK and AMA .... Honda will react by creating the VFR 1000. kpaul predicts...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh, jeez. You got me there dude!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #50
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Went for a ride last weekend with a friend from work. He has a Honda cruiser(750 Spirit), his first bike. I let him try my VTEC VFR for about 20 km, on a nice twisty mountain road, and I tried the cruiser (I'm a cruiser virgin,he's a sportbike newbie). When we stopped to switch bikes again, I think it took about 20 minutes for the smile to fade from his face. He was thinking about a larger displacement metric cruiser, or even (gasp!) a H.D. I think I may have switched him over from the dark side, to a more sports oriented or standard bike. V twins vibrate too much for me. I could not believe how smooth the Vfour was after the spirit. I kinda liked the little V twin, but its hard to believe the power difference from only 50cc. I had no confidence I could pass safely with the Spirit, not only because of the power difference, but the chassis dynamics on cruisers do not seem to inspire confidence at higher speeds. I could probability live with a cruiser around the city, but on the highway give me wind protection, a smooth engine and lots of passing power.... maybe a Buell would be cool around the city though..........
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote