Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-29-2005, 06:30 AM   #11
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Victory Line

Yeah, notice the headlight on the Jackpot? It looks familiar to me........oh yeah, it's almost exactly the same as the headlight on the Honda Rune. I think it was done intentionally as a nod the Rune.

It looks pretty much identical except that it's not as long. Even the scheme of the painted lower 2/3 and the chrome 1/3 is the same.
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'd be interested in seeing some actual sales numbers to see how many of these are rolling out the door. I've seen very few of these on the road.

That tall motor kind of pigeonholes Victory's styling to the high tank/low seat chopperesque look. I'll bet they're wishing they had used a pushrod design considering 4 valve heads and OHC doesn't offer much benefit on a motor that has a 6000 rpm redline.

Overall it looks like they have a quality product and I wish them much success since it will pressure H-D to constantly improve.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #13
SRMark
Founding Member

DDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN! Thanks a ton.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #14
SRMark
Founding Member

Check the pics above of the #50 bike.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #15
pdad13
Founding Member

There were some rumors about Victory expanding into the streetfighter/sportbike market over the last year or two. I wonder if that's one of the things they're up to.

Totally agree about most of the small "custom" manufacturers. There's no significant depth to the market and the prices are just too high. We've probably already got complete oversaturation; there's too many custom houses and factories to support a fairly small audience. And they all specialize in the flavor of the month. What happens when that changes? Most of these companies will be history in the near future.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #16
gas_pig
Founding Member

I think it is a Hellcat actually. Read the caption underneath the pic.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:18 AM   #17
pdad13
Founding Member

Default I heard that bike is loud as hell

Didn't a Victory employee put that bike together? As I heard it (if I remember correctly), the company actually gave him bike to work with and he and some friends built that monster.

Extra points for keeping the belt drive.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #18
Tigercub
Founding Member

"I think Victory has come to a point in seven years where it took Harley 95 years to get."

What 'Journo' made that statement? No one stopped them from copying Harley 95 years ago.

Where's the Polaris Sportster?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #19
Tigercub
Founding Member

"I have some real fears about the economy. Couple that with "break even 101" that states when a company invests heavily in capital assets they must make aggressive competitive moves to fill their new found capacity in an effort to spread those new fixed costs over increased sales volume."

They've already made the biggest capital investments. The question is when they start making a profit on their bikes and then is that profit worth it. The other question I have is what percentage of Polaris' sales are Victory?

As for the economy - don't worry, there is nothing on the horizon that will doom us. The recovery will be slow and protracted. The stock market isn't worried about the economy, nor are they overly impressed. There is pressure to make about 10% to 15% profit for publicly traded companys, and I don't know how that affects Polaris. Employess will continue to get less and less if we don't demand a little more respect. The alternative for domestic companies unable to sell to poorer and poorer Americans is to sell overseas. Any Polaris bikes going to Europe?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #20
Tigercub
Founding Member

Do you know how the motor is going to fare against emission regulations? I have the impression the pushrod air-cooled V-twin will be history in a few years without major detuning and catalytic converter.