Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #71
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

Default Test Rides

Whether demo rides are allowed depends on the dealer. I know of one dealer (Triumph) who always has bikes available to demo. Some dealers will let you ride bikes from their used bike stable but not new ones. The reason I've been given for this is that they don't prep a bike (charge battery, add fluids, etc.) until the bike is sold. Also, you wouldn't want to buy a bike that had mileage on it that was thrashed during somebody else's demo ride, would you? I've had some dealers suggest I go to a motorcycling event (rally, race, etc.) where the manufacturer has a demo trailer set up. Locally, I have been fortunate to be able to ride several new Harleys (the new 96 c.i. models) plus the v-rod, because my local dealer has had three demo days in the last six months. If you absolutely have to have a demo ride, then either find a dealer that will help make that happen, or find an event that is offering demo rides.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement