Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Buying a Motorcycle: Part III (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3036-buying-motorcycle-part-iii.html)

ofreen 09-22-2005 10:58 AM

Re: Buying a Motorcycle: Part III

My problem with buying a new bike (besides the money) is that there are so many I'd like to sample that I can't choose. I have the same problem with supermodels.

ofreen 09-22-2005 11:03 AM

Most motorcycle salesmen I have known could just as well been selling refrigerators and washing machines for all the interest they had in bikes.

ofreen 09-22-2005 11:10 AM

Without opening fire? Hey, I thought you were a liberal.

Marin_Cycleworks 09-22-2005 11:11 AM

I guess you didn't realize we're joking, buddy. I guess that went right over your head.

mscuddy 09-22-2005 11:32 AM

I know, I was starting to grind my teeth. The guy had to talk with the sales manager, the owner, the parts guy, aol chat Erik Buell...drove me nuts.

But you think that's bad? I'm on the phone right now trying to get an insurance quote. Jee heezus. AIS has really horrible jazz on the hold button btw. Sounds like a bad muzak rendition of abbey lincoln's "afro blue". gag

mscuddy 09-22-2005 11:37 AM

No, they changed stations. Now it's "Muskrat Love". I'm hanging up.

sportbikebandit 09-22-2005 11:56 AM

MSRP for a Buell? I think you got taken. I just pick out the bike/car I want and let my wife do the negotiating. She is great. I have too much emotions to negotiate i.e. I just want the bike now... While she was haggling with the sale people I was trying on Boots, helmets, jackets, etc. It only took her 2 hours on my Ninja and she got it for a significant discount. I think the boys just wanted her to leave and not ***** her off.. I think she could make a career out it...

sportbikebandit 09-22-2005 11:58 AM

Also we had cash in hand.. A couple of times my wife said "Ok we will just go someplace else that wants the cash now" Worked like a charm...

sqidbait 09-22-2005 12:02 PM

Well, I was going to flame you in this response. However, I decided to check out your website just for yucks, and I see that you are one of the few dealers with the balls to post OTD prices right up front. I have to respect that.

So, consider this an apology, and picture me slinking away with my tail between my legs.

;-)

-- Michael

mscuddy 09-22-2005 12:17 PM

Look, I had the $$$ and didn't want to haggle.

Anyway, the thought of riding a 24 year old leaky KZ750 anymore was too much to bear.