Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 GSX-R600 & 750

SICK!
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
sv1000rider
Founding Member

VERY pretty bikes. Too bad the only ones that usually buy them end up using them for unicycles and clown transport. At least you first notice the sexy body work and cool exhaust instead of the dimwitted rider perched atop modeling the latest in wife-beater apparel and beach footwear until the bike goes down in a cloud of plastic dust, blood, and skin.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
bondo
Founding Member

Ain't that the truth !

bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
jimmihaffa
Founding Member

I like the styling though nowhere near as enthusiastic as Ed. Sean. What really sets these bikes apart though from the competition is the clean integration of the under chassis exhaust. My guess is that the other japanese manufacturers will emulate this in the future redesigns of the their sportbikes as it is far and away the least obtrusive layout and has motoGP written all over it.
jimmihaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
eisenfaust
Founding Member

It is a pity tuhat the GSX-R series has the 'squid tool' association. So many riders I know have gotten so jaded about squids on Gixxers, that they look at all gixxer riders as squids.

Kind of a pity, especially since they make great track bikes
eisenfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:25 AM   #6
eerod
Founding Member

"Too bad the only ones that usually buy them end up using them for unicycles and clown transport. At least you first notice the sexy body work and cool exhaust instead of the dimwitted rider perched atop modeling the latest in wife-beater apparel and beach footwear until the bike goes down in a cloud of plastic dust, blood, and skin."

EXCELLENT post - just saw one of those "bufoons" yesterday, my first thought was "how long does he have to live" !!!

Sleeveless t-shirt, shorts and "tennies", BUT he could wheelie and said he went "130 getting here".

There should be a law ...............................

EE
eerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 AM   #7
dbb
Founding Member

Come on guys, you're killin' me here. My wife sometimes reads these these comments and if she sees that this here 52 year old, 40 pounds overweight, thinning gray haired GSXR 750 owner is probably a closest squid just due to his choice of ride, she'll never let me out again.

Seriously though, what do we think a squid will ride? Todays squid mentality is no different than the hot rodders of the 50's. Only difference is that back then, they didn't have the bikes available to them with which to "express" themselves. However, due to todays technology, they not only have bikes, but they have the entire arena of small displacement, high revving, high horsepower (does the formula sound familiar?) cars available which is well embraces (check out the next SEMA show).

Myself, the GSXR never sees the street, only the track and only with a fully armored rider.

dbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:13 AM   #8
Flickmeister
Registered Member

It's a shame the Gixxers have such a negative image. I'm 58 years old, been riding for 42+ years (and previously roadraced for several years). I'm too old and really suck at wheelies. I never screw around in traffic or on the Interstate, but when I hit the back roads, the further I can lean it without ending up on my ear and elbow, the better I like it. I currently own an '04 GSXR-600. It is the finest corner carver I have ever owned. All Suzuki wants to do is produce the finest performing bike on the street & track. They set the sportbike market on it's ear in 1986 and have done a pretty fine job of defining it since. Because of their image, I spend way too much time talking to the backroad patrolling authorities. Thank God being old & bald has it's benefits when the helmet is removed. The shock effect has bought me a lot of mileage and very few Official State of Florida High Speed Driving Awards.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:18 AM   #9
dbb
Founding Member

Come on guys, you're killin' me here. My wife sometimes reads these these comments and if she sees that this here 52 year old, 40 pounds overweight, thinning gray haired GSXR 750 owner is probably a closet squid just due to his choice of ride, she'll never let me out again.

Seriously though, what do we think a squid will ride? Todays squid mentality is no different than the hot rodders of the 50's. Only difference is that back then, they didn't have the bikes available to them with which to "express" themselves. However, due to today's technology, they not only have bikes, but they have the entire arena of small displacement, high revving, high horsepower (does the formula sound familiar?) cars available which is well embraced (check out the next SEMA show).

Myself, the GSXR never sees the street, only the track, and only with a fully armored rider. Frankly, living in in a state that doesn't have a mandatory helmet law, I have the same reaction to what seems to be the vast number of cruiser riders (mostly Harleys) that insist on riding helmetless in t-shirts in large packs. I find that behavior on the part of what is likely a large group of lawyers, doctors, CPAs and other business owners just as bizarre as the squids who are also riding helmetless, in t-shirts, shorts and flipflops. Neither group gets it but they are within their rights to maximize their need for a skin graft.

Stunting on the street? Well, that's a problem. However, you have to admit that it is a prime example of Darwin at work. While the consequences aren't pretty, it is one very effective way of cleaning up the gene pool.

Ride safe.

dbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:18 AM   #10
sportriderjed
Founding Member

I agree totally. They had to get it wrong on the 1000 in 2005 before they got it right on these 2 bikes. It looks alot better than the new R6 IMHO.
sportriderjed is offline   Reply With Quote