Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #41
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 GSX-R600 & 750

hah, good one.
Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #42
Chango
Founding Member

Stoppies are good practice except for one pesky little detail - the technique for doing a stoppie is the exact opposite of the technique for maximum braking (or shortest stopping distance). For a stoppie you grab a handful of front brake and then let off slightly to keep from using the bike as a 450 lb sledgehammer driving your skull into the pavement. If your back tire is three feet in the air you aren't using maximum braking power because you can't. If you really want to stop quickly you get a bit of front brake and then squeeze progressively harder until your front tire is shrieking in agony.

This doesn't mean that I don't like stoppies. They are cool as long as they are done in a safeish manner. I do them on my mountain bike all the time. I just don't like peple saying that doing stoppies is good practice for maximum braking.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #43
Chango
Founding Member

I can't believe nobody has pointed out the biggest performance difference between the new 600 and 750. The 600 has blue wheels and the 750 has black wheels! This is even better than BNG! This is Bold New Colorful Wheels! If the new trend in BNCW continues, we may soon see other manufacturers making bikes with different colored wheels! How cool is that?!

Old 09-23-2005, 07:05 AM   #44
falloutboy33
Registered Member

I thought squid stands for super quick until I die.
falloutboy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #45
elwood_617
Registered Member

This is the first time I have ever wanted a GSXR-750, same size as the 600 with a longer stroke motor for more mid-range. Sounds like a sweet combination and I love the GP inspired pipe. Has anyone heard if Hopkins is going to bail on Suzuki next year?
elwood_617 is offline   Reply With Quote