Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 GSX-R600 & 750

Day-um! Somebody call Kellen Winslow wit' da hook-up!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2005, 07:55 PM   #22
Gluge
Registered Member

I don't know about that whole hot-chick fat-chick x-treme stuff... but I think I read a study once that those whole lead more borring lives have shorter natrual lives than some one that made it though taking some risks.... but then I can't remember any specifics, so just plaing riding a motorcycle might be enough.

Personaly I don't think wheelies are overly dangerious, I think it's the clothing choices that are dumb. And stopies... seems like good practice.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:23 AM   #23
sketch15
Founding Member

I am approaching 50 years old and although I don't ride a sport bike I won't criticise those who do or how they do it. I have to admire the skill of many stunters. It is not easy to do many of the things they can do.

I do not endorse all that they do but which one of us hasn't done some stupid trick at some point that we would not do now? As long as they only endanger themselves what the heck do I care.

Andrew
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #24
boru4761
Registered Member

Can't we all just get along?

Motobrothers Unite!

The rest of the latte-swilling SUV-driving road-rage-having biathces out there don't care what kind of bike you drive. They all think we are crazy to choose two wheels over four and that we deserve to die if we go down.

Think about it.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

If you live in LA then you are gonna breathe a lot of exhaust gases no matter where the outlet is. Of course you are also going to inhale a lot of exhaust gases if you are sitting in your living room too.

You can get all the exhaust gases you would ever need on C-Span.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #26
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

hah, "giving the dude clap". I like that one.

I think a person doing a wheelie is pretty much just a danger to himself, so I don't get all the squid bashing.

I just think that people who think that wheelies (even squids) are going to get legislation passed which outlaws sportbikes or something is crazy and has issues. I also think that people who give a ***** about the "image" that the squids are giving motorcyclists has issues. Who cares? We're rebels... remember? (or at least thats what others think). Rebels don't care what people think about them. I'm not going around telling other chinese people to stop being nerdy cause i don't like the image that its giving the chinese people. I'm fine with educating squids on safety though.

Let me elaborate on the fat chicks/cautious type thing. I think that the same personality trait that makes doods want to wheelie a bike is the same trait that also makes doods want to take risks which better themselves in all aspects of their lives including their ability to pull in a "nice buck". I'm saying that those doods with hot wives which do pull in the nice buck (that you are talking about) would probably wheelie their motorcycles eventually if they did ride. Of course wheelying your motorcycle wont get you a hot wife. I'm just saying that the desire to learn it comes from the same personality trait. Let me give some examples of what i'm talking about.

Here's an example from nature. Female gorillas pretty much only mate with the Alpha male silverback. All the other males are SOL. So what do you have to do as a male gorilla to get some? You have to kick the Alpha Male's ass and take his status from him. You risk getting your ass kicked but you have to take it if you want some. So, you can't be too cautious if you want to be the alpha male. I'm sure this scenario probably mirrors a situation which all of us doods had to deal with at some time in our lives.

here's an example of how this applies to making the buck. The way people conduct themselves in the workplace does determine how successful they are and thus whether they make that nice buck. So how do you stand out among your peers? How are you going to get that promotion over them? Well, first off, you better not be afraid to take on more responsibility than you are already trained to do once you are given the opportunity. You better jump up and say "i can handle that for sure." The risk is that you will fail miserably and look like an idiot. But I think we can all agree that its a chance that you should take if you want to move up. The same goes for learning new skills that will help your career. Public speaking is an important skill. But i think too many people wait too long to develop it. How do you get practice at being a good public speaker? you have to get up in front of people and risk looking like an idiot. I think everyone will agree that being able to present your ideas in a persuasive manner in front of a group of people will help you achieve success in the workplace. THose who have the drive to improve themselves will not be deterred. the sad thing is that too many wusses are deterred and only want to play things safe. How about even choosing a field of work which is going to give you that nice buck? The fact of the matter is that very few people can breeze through college and grad school without having to put in serious work and still risk failing to do the things they want to do such as being an engineer, lawyer, doctor etc. Some people run into a little difficulty and quit altogether. the majority that make it fight through disappointing grades/class rank and blows to their ego etc. to get to where they want to be. They risk looking stupid to their peers and having to pay a bunch of student loans with nothing to show for it. By going to grad school, they also have to give up the steady income from their decent paying jobs. But they'll do it cause there is a drive to improve. Those that have that drive will probably apply it to all aspects of their lives. A motorcyclist who wants to improve his riding skill for the sake of being a better rider, will want to wheelie it eventually. The risk of getting seriously hurt isnt that high if youre wearing all the proper gear. Of course some people choose to apply their desire to improve on things other than riding- so i'm not calling all of you wusses.

>"No, the poor type does. Every hot chick I know is married to a "cautious, boring type" (definition: responsible) who pulls down a nice buck."

You seem to be implying that you can't be responsible unless youre cautious and boring. I don't see how those two traits are mutually exclusive. Bill Gates was not cautious when he dropped out of school to become rich. i dont think anyone can say he is irresponsible. He may be a huge ******* though.

Hey, if i had a private lot to practice wheelies and it was between the places i had to go, i'd use it. but I don't, so I choose spots on the street which are safe.

hey guys, my name is a joke- say it outloud

Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #27
12er
Founding Member

Amen
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #28
Fenton
Founding Member

Joke would be the correct term.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:14 AM   #29
caderider
Registered Member

Damn them swine!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 AM   #30
caderider
Registered Member

I like to watch the stunters - I admire the skill it takes to make a motorcycle do those kind of tricks.

What I don't like is when they do it on busy freeways & city streets. Even if they are in control, someone next to them may 'freak out' and lose control of their vehicle and make bad things happen.

I've seen it happen.