Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #11
skylaneopo
Registered Member

Default Re: 2006 GSX-R600 & 750

Seems to me Suzuki is making the right move upgrading the 750. I am middle aged but still like to go to the track. However, my 05 R1000 is quite a handful even with the slipper clutch. On the other hand, the 600's I've tried (Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha) are just a little underpowered on the longer straights. The 750 seems to fill that hole and I think I will be giving it a careful look come Spring (it may also be easier on the insurance side vs a litre bike). As to exhaust styling, that can always be replaced (I liked my R1000 pipe but put on a full Akropovic system anyway).
skylaneopo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2005, 07:10 AM   #12
smithrob75
Founding Member

I really like that pipe, the lower the center of gravity the better. I actually like the way it blends in w/ the bike also. I looks like they've gone shorter stroke on the 600 and longer stroke on the 750.

And I think a lot of squids do own GSXR's, but that certainly doesn't make it a bad bike.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:17 AM   #13
skylaneopo
Registered Member

I like the pipe too. Apart from performance, it really cleans up the lines without an underseat easy bake oven.
skylaneopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #14
Strmn8r
Registered Member

LISTEN! I agree with Flickmeister. I would hazard to guess that this site is populated by mostly responsible riding enthusiasts. Being enthusiasts, we favor fast bikes with well developed chasses, brakes, and suspensions. Guess where these well developed bits are pioneered? That's right... on these here crotch rockets. Obviously, none of us wants these bikes to ever disappear. Negative public relations generated here by us can (and maybe will) be used against the future manufacture or selling of these bikes here in the U.S. So please, even if it kills you inside, keep the sqid-bashing to yourselves, people.
Strmn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:14 AM   #15
Labrat
Founding Member

I'm planning on replacing my 2000 ZX9 with a smaller, lighter more track capable bike next year. I had pretty much settled on a ZX6, but the new GSXR-750 makes my decision a little more difficult.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

I'm going to get the 750 for sure. And when I do, i'm going to wheelie the heck out of it. Oh, and i'm going to do stoppies with it too.

The rest of you guys can have fun with it by commuting and droning down the freeway. Me? I have fun on the bike when i'm at the track, the canyons, and when i'm trying to improve skills by stunting- braking control and throttle/ body control. Yea, its more dangerous than freeway droning. but if you want safety, you should go bunker up in your SUV and never go over 65mph. The majority of the population already thinks youre insane for riding a motorcycle to begin with. And you guys are saying that wheelies cross the line into unreasonable behavior? makes no sense. I'd like to see the statistics which show the percentage of motorcycle deaths resulting from wheelies. I'm willing to bet that its low. any takers? I've been riding for 10 years now, and I haven't been down from doing a wheelie yet. So i think i'll continue. I do wear leathers and boots all the time and I do try to find safer spots to do it.

By the way, darwin also takes care of those who are too chicken to enjoy their lives. The overly cautious boring type end up with the fat chicks, and thus inferior dna in thier offspring. The inferior DNA increases the likelihood that the offspring will not reproduce.
Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #17
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

anyone here have a buell or something which also has the exhaust outlet right under the rider? Do you guys inhale a bunch of exhaust fumes while stopped at a light? I'm concerned because I don't like getting too much carbon monoxide and stuff in my bloodstream
Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #18
Fenton
Founding Member

Wow, you converted me. I guess if I don't ride wheelies, I can only use my bike for "commuting and droning down the freeway." But seriously, I think you know the type of guy (squid) that's getting the bad wrap here. If that you, you make riding more difficult on the rest of the responsible riders on a daily basis.

BTW, that's the first time I've heard the Darwin/boring argument- I've got to think more about it but you may have a point.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #19
ofreen
Registered Member

It's the old saying - I am more afraid of not living than I am of dying.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #20
schizuki
Founding Member

>The overly cautious boring type end up with the

>fat chicks

No, the poor type does. Every hot chick I know is married to a "cautious, boring type" (definition: responsible) who pulls down a nice buck.

> The inferior DNA increases the likelihood

>that the offspring will not reproduce.

The type of chicks attracted to wheelying "X-treme" doodz exhibit risky behavior in their own lives, thus increasing the chance of giving X-treme dood the clap and giving their offspring birth defects.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote