Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-20-2005, 02:20 AM   #71
ofreen
Registered Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Griso: Yossef Brings the News Home

Let's see - 160 km/hr is about 95 mph. So you are going 95 on a dark night while it is snowing into a blind curve in the road. I hope I don't meet you coming the other way, no matter where your dimmer switch is.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2005, 08:36 AM   #72
bikervince
Founding Member

I"ll agree totally. IMO, that's almost as important as the bike looks from the outside.
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:11 AM   #73
dirtyboots
Founding Member

watch the video.
dirtyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:51 AM   #74
lefty337
Founding Member

Default I found a new favorite!

I love this bike! Something about it screams "BEAST!" The only thing I might want to change is the giant muffler. I'm also not overly extatic about the instrument cluster, but what can you do?
lefty337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #75
MG57
Founding Member

I think it's supposed to be about $12,500 when it gets here next spring.

Greg

'03 Futura
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #76
anrajala
Founding Member

Yeah 160 km/h max on summer tires.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #77
ofreen
Registered Member

As long as you know your limits. I'll quit worrying.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:21 AM   #78
italianshoes
Founding Member

MANDELLO DEL LARIO, Italy – Dutch photojournalist Paul van Hooff managed to snatch the off-centre and flared photo you see above right inside the Moto Guzzi factory – and it’s a fair guess he landed on his bum in the street outside a few seconds later.

The picture shows the crankcase and head castings for a new Guzzi V-twin motor, the most important feature of which is the one that isnÂ’t there: cooling fins. This will be the first liquid-cooled Guzzi street bike motor and the companyÂ’s first flirtation with radiators since its V8-powered GP machine of the mid-1950s.

ItÂ’s likely that Moto Guzzi, now owned by Aprilia, has been pushed into adopting water-cooling by ever-tightening EU noise and emissions regulations.

Although these are obviously design mock-ups, itÂ’s possible to deduce a number of important design parameters from what you see here. First, the new motor is a 90-degree V-twin, which wonÂ’t surprise anyone.

Next, the old camshaft and pushrods have been replaced by a gear-driven central jackshaft that drives twin overhead cams in each head by means of short chains – you can see the cam chain tunnel in the right-side cylinder casting. There are no separate barrels; to reduce cylinder height and improve crankcase rigidity the liners slip straight into the upper crankcase, an idea introduced by Honda in its early V4 engines of the 1970s and now widely adopted.

The two exhaust ports visible on the nearer head reveal the presence of four-valve combustion chambers but the ports are on the outside of the head and not in front; by inference the inlet ports will be on the inside, making space for the riderÂ’s knees for the first time on a Guzzi V-twin and allowing the use of a central air box and fuel-injection system with direct downdraught throttle bodies and perfectly straight inlet ports a la YamahaÂ’s R1.

What you canÂ’t tell from the spy photo is the capacity of the motor, although factory insiders have said that there will be two flavours, a 1200cc to be used in a new sport bike to replace the venerable Daytona and a 1400cc for a new California cruiser that will be street legal even in California, home of the worldÂ’s strictest emissions laws.

Guzzi is not expected to discontinue its present range of air-cooled motors. They will be produced in parallel with the new engines for some years while the new ones are gradually phased in to power the entire range of Guzzi models.
italianshoes is offline   Reply With Quote