Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Moto Guzzi Griso: Yossef Brings the News Home (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3028-moto-guzzi-griso-yossef-brings-news-home.html)

LiionsRest 09-19-2005 07:03 AM

Re: Moto Guzzi Griso: Yossef Brings the News Home

It's a long wheelbase, longer than my Guzzi V11 LeMans. I'm 6'3" and have *never* been burnt by any hot parts on that bike. Trust me, you'd have to be close to 7' tall, and actually work at it to scorch your knees.

Bruno_1 09-19-2005 07:20 AM

I think it's time to sell my 97 Magna and save up for one of these (or a Breva 1100 ...). I just want to remove that huge piece of plastic license plate holder, there has to be a better looking way to hang a plate on a bike.

maxriderdon 09-19-2005 07:27 AM

Re: Just Ride A GUZZI and then we can talk

Not likely to happen, too many folks with blinders on.

LiionsRest 09-19-2005 07:38 AM

I've noticed that the sound on most of the videos I've seen on MO is overdriven, distorted, and the microphone is totally overwhelmed by the wind noise. Then converting it to WMV certainly doesn't help the quality. (The new Flash video encoder would definitely improve the video, and maybe even the audio a bit)

If there's any way to put a serious wind screen and relocate the mic there might be hope of hearing what the bike actually sounds like. I'm a part time audio engineer, and trying to get good sound on a bike at speed would be a tricky thing.

I'd love to find out what's being used, and where it's positioned.

teknoman 09-19-2005 07:44 AM

Don,t complain mofo,s at least you have a dealership near you.Las vegas[where I live]which is constantly supposed to be "on the cutting edge],sucks in dealerships.If you are lookng beyond the big four,and harley /bmw,you are out of luck.We had and exotic motorcsports dealership,but rumor has that ducati wanted too much for training bikes[ the guy wa going to build a kind of msf course] and also he dived headfirst into nosecandy.So comsider yourselves lucky that you get to see and ride all the great stuff I can only read about[sniff]

pattonme 09-19-2005 08:28 AM

the pipes just look so wrong

Maybe there isn't clearance but I think it would look much better with the pipes crossing over each other at the front and joining in the center at the back. Or keeping each header on it's respective side.

Jonniedee 09-19-2005 09:37 AM

Don't foget Dirty Hairy ---

EricZZR 09-19-2005 01:22 PM

Why is it that in so many of these reviews, there are no photos of what the bike looks like from the rider's perspective? Lots of left and right shots, but none of the ****pit. I like to know what the bike looks like while I am riding on it.

dirtyboots 09-19-2005 01:47 PM

How much is this thing going to cost me? Anyone know the price?

yossef 09-19-2005 02:35 PM

Mea Culpa

I recently switched from shooting on board with a big old vidcam to a small sony dsc-p73 with a big memeory stick. makes my life easier, video is good but regretfully it cant accept an external mic. I put duct tape over the built in mic but the auto rec level means that cam tries to compensate and ends up picking loads of white noise. Any ideas how to solve? couldnt find a manual audio rec level control.

Yossef