Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #41
yossef
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Griso: Yossef Brings the News Home

pardon ny ignorance, but what bond movie featured an ambassador?
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #42
bmwclay
Founding Member

In the video the Griso sounds like a Top Fuel dragster. Is that really the exhaust note or did the tranlation to wave. file do something? My LeMans with the factory titanium cans and ECU souinds and runs great. Don't let the GT type riding position fool you at the dealers. Once on on the road it all makes sense. The LeMans is much more fun to ride than my 1150 GS.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #43
12er
Founding Member

Yossef is over 6', but I'm with ya on the Ulysses, its my wallpaper and next bike on the list. A guzzi about 6 on the list, gotta knock those 4 middle ones out the way quickly though. Email me on where to send donations to my "Next bike fund."
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #44
DaveFla
Founding Member

I've just googled an eBay Italy auction for a claimed publicity photo of Sean Connery on an Ambassador police bike, supposedly from "Diamonds are Forvever." Hope that helps!

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #45
ofreen
Registered Member

I knew before I asked what the reason was. I just felt liked griping. The speedometer on my '75 CB750F still works fine. I wonder how those LCD instruments will be working in thirty years. I know, silly question.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #46
xlr8r
Founding Member

The reason the floor switch disappeared is that your left foot is too busy with the clutch with these new-fangled five and six-speed gearboxes. Remember that in Europe - in fact, in the rest of the world - auto trannies are only 3% of the market and the other 97 are what you Stateside types call stickshift. Of course, if we still had long-stroke engines and three-speed trannies like my Dad's prewar Ford, there'd be plenty of time to play with a floor switch for the headlights...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:56 PM   #47
xlr8r
Founding Member

Great bike, great review by Yossef, as always. These new Guzzis are really making me think about trading in my beloved BMW... except that the rumour mills in the French press say that Guzzi are so encouraged by positive reaction to the Breva, Griso etc that they've given the green light to a new water-cooled engine they've had in the wings for some time, which would mean a whole new generation of even better Guzzis to drool over. Should I hold on to my money until they arrive, or buy the last of the 'real' Guzzis, with the old air-cooled motor?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:23 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, but if the switch was moved back onto the floor we would reduce the numbers of accidents caused by blondes who get their feet caught in the steering wheel.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 AM   #49
ofreen
Registered Member

That seems like a pretty far-fetched reason. My cars with floor dimmer button all have manual trannies, and it isn't a problem. It takes no time at all to hit the floor button.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 AM   #50
pdad13
Founding Member

I got it. Some here are a too new pick up the nuclear sarcasm practiced on this site.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote