Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-13-2005, 04:50 AM   #11
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Default Re: 'Dust to Glory' DVD Review (Or...........)

On the bike review page it's the ( RC-51 [2004 Liter Bike Shootout). When you open the review it says Open Class Shoot Out. So whichever.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 AM   #12
BigJimmy
Registered Member

You earned it! I salute your keener eye and sharper mind.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:06 AM   #13
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Man, I was gonna talk trash....something about my Jimmy being bigger. How do you expect me to do that when you give me a compliment like that? Thanks for doing the hardwork for me though. All I had to do was look at the pic. The only reason I found the original pic was because I was trying to find out what year the RC51 in the pic was.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:49 AM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 'Dust to Glory' DVD Review

I watched "Dust to Glory" a few months back with Rick "Super Hunky" Sieman at his sprawling hacienda in Rosarito. After the movie we stood around in the garage and payed homage to an ex-Baja '71 8 speed 400 Husky with a few bottles of Pacifico. Seemed fitting.

I don't think DTG will ever have the impact that OAS did. Wrong place, wrong time.

The night time on-board camera bike shots were amazing. I rate it right up there with Derick Bell's "In-Car 959" video.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:12 AM   #15
johnnyb
Founding Member

wow what's it like hanging with super hunky? Does he rail on mexican govt. now, US or both? I think he did more than anybody to set offroad riding in US back 50 yrs—wait, ahead 50 yrs—after that 60 Minutes appearance.

what is cost of living in mexico? do they need ad copy there in Anglais? spill...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 AM   #16
bfloyd
Founding Member

1. The staffer was Buzz

2. He was tasting the MV Agusta Brutale S

3. The article was "Streetfighter Shootout Part 1"

4. The File name was"Buzz_After_Heart_MO.jpg" and was captioned "... and Buzz never washed his seat again."
bfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #17
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Man, I think you got it. Good Job.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #18
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

RickÂ’s way cool. ItÂ’s rare when you get to meet a boyhood idol and he turns out to be a normal down to earth guy. IÂ’ve been sending beer-induced stories to off-road.com (the DonÂ’t Ask column) for a few years now, guess they amused Rick. So one thing led to another and he invited me to stay in his motor home and hang out with the Off-Road.com crew for the Adelanto GP in 2004.

He moved to Mexico as he put it "because you can get away with pretty much anything if you keep your nose clean". Rick’s got a giant vacant lot (the size of Disneyland) next to his place that has several improvised MX tracks on it, sand washes, whoops, etc. A dirt biker’s dream. He’s disgusted with dirt bikers in the USA ‘cause they won’t stand up for their rights (after the Phantom Duck-Sahara Club deal went down the tubes).

And about the cost of livinÂ’ in Mexico: We ate about 50 lbs. of seafood at La Fonda with a dozen or so bloody MaryÂ’s thrown in, and the tab was 30 bucks. CanÂ’t beat that.

He also thinks youÂ’re a pretty damn fine motojournalist (said something about "conversational journalism"). Check out RickÂ’s new website at: http://superhunky.com/.

Maybe a new direction for JB?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I still haven't even washed my tongue!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #20
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

I don't know. If you look at who is on the staff my guy pete is listed and Buzz is not.