Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #21
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: New ZX-10R and Ninja 650R (ER-6N)

I give a big YUCK! to the Ninja 650. I think the Euro model is waaayyyy better looking than that little bastard. Should have kept it to a half or no fairing like the SV.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #22
RRRIDER
Registered Member

Wow! I love the black and yellow paint scheme and the handling additions of the ZX10R.

That underseat exhaust is atrocious! They should have stayed with a conventional configuration or followed Yamaha(new R6) and copied the 05 GSXR 1k. Leave undertail exhausts to Honda or Ducati; even the R1 looks terrible with aftermarket pipes. If were to buy that bike I guess I would look for an aftermarket company that made a single canister configuration.
RRRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #23
Fenton
Founding Member

Check out the ride reports on the ER-6N in the Kawasaki link. This is the best site I have found for checking out pretty much any bike.

Michel's motorcycle road test links
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #24
Akuma007
Registered Member

I'll keep my current ZX-10r, thank you very much!

I think the new one does look pretty nice, but from what I hear on this board, did I just hear the resale value of the 04 and 05 ZX10rs go up?

Akuma007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #25
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

Wow. I am impressed with the 650R. This is going to be a great selling bike for Kawasaki. This is a real sporty streetbike with new unique styling and technology. It's not just a parts bin econo special. I love the style. I love that they seem to have really paid attention to the riders comfort and riding position. When is the last time you saw a design this fresh and innovative that wasn't meant for the track? I love sportbikes, but come on... the new ZX10R doesn't interest me at all. Why? because it is too uncomfortable and too capable. These new sportbikes are actually boring in a way to me bacause they just yawn at you if you ride normally on the street. I refuse to ride hard enough on the street to wake these bikes up so what's left? Well I bought a Z1000 this year because I wanted a comfortable sport bike. This new 650R seems to fit the same mold. I think I may add one to my garage. I really think this bike will appeal to all skill levels. I've owned in order:Ninja250, ZX6E, ZX6R, VFR800, VTR1000, Z1000 and I can't wait to ride one of these babies. Just like the SV it looks to be all about the fun and not the specs. Kudos for using the twin. I'm sick of inline fours. Good job Kawasaki!
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #26
jimmihaffa
Founding Member

I have a sneeking suspicion that the buying public will not receive the styling of the new ZX10 nearly as well as KHI would have liked. Whether the bike needed more development time (2 year turnover on model life may be just that little bit too short) or what I'm not sure. This should have been a new from the ground up performance and stylistic wonder....disappointing.
jimmihaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #27
MOwings
Founding Member

Just glad there is a black version. Much better than the silver. I wish they would have brought the naked one over too, but the faired one will be much more practical. Looks like the perfect bike though. Just wondering if there are any bungee hooks on the back though. Can't wait for a test. I want one. The new 10r looks great too, but I know I will never own one unless I win the lotto and can get one just to blast around on.
MOwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #28
Joel_CA
Registered Member

Looks like a 500R replacement. I like the overall package, but that fairing is a little bloated.
Joel_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #29
jeffs
Founding Member

I don't think the full-fairing is a bad idea, but would personally buy a half-faired version if given the option.

Regardless, this should sell better than the 500, despite the higher price tag.
jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #30
DaveFla
Founding Member

While I LOVED the Benelli TNT influence on the ER-6N, in all fairness it's kind of a bad omen, isn't it? I mean, isn't Benelli currently halted and waiting for the bankrupcty shoe to drop?

If Kawasaki can sell a few units here with that big box on the front, more power to 'em. In 3-4 years, I'll buy one for a couple grand, sell the plastic on eBay, and put a pair of Hellas on it. Lay it out like the Buell Lightning or maybe that Ghezzi & Brian beastie that Yossef wrote up a few years back...
DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote