Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Helimot Leathers Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2998-helimot-leathers-review.html)

allbikesbiker 08-28-2005 12:25 PM

Re: Helimot Leathers Review

first post!

still cheaper than Dianese? no?

next time I go to San Jose, I'll look them over.

Wild_Bill 08-28-2005 12:39 PM

I thought I was treating myself when I bought an Aerostich - at half the price. And no one has accused them of being cheap.

They are more street oriented, yours is for the track.

To each his own.

nweaver 08-28-2005 12:55 PM

I was there the other week (wanted a consultation on adding a full-circumference zip to my existing tecnics, and also to give Helmut a chance to testride my GF's VStrom 650)...

There was a guy picking up an absolutely beautiful new suit. He got himself an MV Agusta F4 Tamburini, and was getting a suit to match.

IT was absolutely beautiful, with an amazing MV logo on the back, and red/yellow/blue flames up the sleeves, legs, and sides. Gorgeous.

shadowrider_1 08-28-2005 01:32 PM

Yes, but can you also leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Very nice looking leathers, though quite expensive for us non-racers.

TwitchMacabre 08-28-2005 02:05 PM

Can anybody make a suit that does not look like a 1998 power ranger? I double dog dare someone to find/make one.

chucker6 08-28-2005 02:24 PM

Love that 1st Marine Division patch, be proud of your service Gabe! You've motivated me to put my 82 Airborne patch on my leathers, a thought that I have had for some time, but never got around to it. Semper Fi from an old dogface. :)

yoavy11 08-28-2005 02:34 PM

Anybody else thinks the top half looks like Domino's delivery shirts? :)

Good review, but I'll stay with my Spidi suit for the next few years, very happy with it. Unless ...

Any timing for publishing the Buell & the 600's story? We only heard which bike won this comparison 2 months ago.

KillerKowalski 08-28-2005 02:53 PM

The BMW leathers that were reviewed in July are black/gray. If you're talking about racing leathers, I'm sure Helimot will make plain two-tone ones. Of every mass-produced product in the world, there are always black varieties, as well. Maybe not lemonade.

obandoj 08-28-2005 03:12 PM

They sure make beautiful leathers, the last time I attended the CLASS school, Reg Pridmore was wearing a set, and they were fine looking, and according to Reg they were very comfortable, so the next time I have the need and the money, I may have to go that way.

drthompson65 08-28-2005 04:02 PM

When I lived in San Jose I use to go admire this guys work. Never was able to afford a set but they guys on Hwy 9 with Helimot where always the best.. :)