Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #31
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default Re: Helimot Leathers Review

I did a lot of reading to figure out just what I'd need, then I bought one off of eBay and I've been grinning ever since.

Well, except for getting caught in a thunderstorm earlier this month- then I was smiling BIG.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #32
abogado
Registered Member

with all due respect to vanson, and they deserve alot, they are not unrivaled. Helimot leathers are really all that. Having owned both vanson (suit and jacket) and Helimot (suit) I can say that I dont think you can go wrong with either.
abogado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #33
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll Bet I Can Guess the Brand...

I think velcro might have held better than that cheap HJC thread. The suit was CE cert and labled "Racing Quality" The thread broke between the peices of leather as you could see the teeth of the thread sticking out of the leather pointing into the inside of the seam.

I was lucky enough to purchase the suit from a great online place www.newenough.com. They took the suit back and gave me credit to purchase the Vanson's through them. The Vanson leather is pro quality leathers.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #34
signit98
Registered Member

...wonderful thing, a custom made suit... yet, as we all know VERY EXPENSIVE!

I got lucky, found a well fitting brand new AGV suit on ebay for $212.00!... yet, while riding in the desert I mostly wera my ICON Ti-Mesh setup... the critical parts are reinforced with titanium and the setup is very well made... being that it is mesh, I feel like riding in shorts and t-shirt... all the while being fully protected with all pads and body armor... very handy in 100+ temparatures... and even more handy the last time at the track!

Someday, when I am over spending all my money on motorcycles though, I might go and have a leaprd suit made!... ;o)
signit98 is offline   Reply With Quote