Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #81
scfrank
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Harleys & Buells

Good review - I only have one problem, will two really.

1 - weight. who needs a 450 lb dirt bike ? ok so its not really a dirt bike. neither is a v-strom.

2 - real problem - the dealers, at least here in the carolinas. I haven't yet found a harley dealer that really is interested in selling a buell. they might have one on the floor, but admit to not knowing anything about them and try real hard to make a suzuki rider feel like they are in the wrong place. It might be different in California, but here Buell might sell some bikes, there are a lot of sport bikes and adventure riders here, if he had dealers that were interested. One guy as much as admitted that the only reason he had a buell is that harley made him,but he doesn't sell many. Would I buy a bike there ? What would happen if I had a problem and had to go back ? Do the mechanics know anything about setting up Buells ?
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #82
dgarber12771
Founding Member

Lack of reliability? Since when? Sure, the AMF days sucked (in more ways than one) but reliability is certainly not a problem with Harley over the last 15 years at least. I've owned many different bikes over the years and my 01 Sporty 1200 is by far the most reliable scoot I've ever owned. Change the oil, put gas in it and go. I've put over 14k miles on my bike over the last 2 years. All I've changed is the oil and rear tire (front is on it's last season).
dgarber12771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #83
johnnyb
Founding Member

WHAT?! NEW BUELL??!!!WOW!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #84
ironbutter
Founding Member

As another Hinckley Triumph fan and previous Buell owner, I'm going to pass on the Ulysses even though I'm sure it's everything MO says.

I do hope the now-rampant rumors of a Bonnie-based "scrambler" (a sort of classic-style adventure bike) are true. It's exactly what I've been wanting. Current "unpaved road" bikes are either too uncomfortable, ugly, heavy, or expensive. Some try out for all 4.

The Bonnie scrambler should be just about right, now that I'm a bit "over the berm" so to speak and not going into the rough stuff
ironbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #85
bmwclay
Founding Member

I keep thinking new Buell, 3 months old, sitting in the back of the HD shop trying to get warranty work approved.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #86
Fenton
Founding Member

Hey, I was reading your stuff this morning. You know a lot of these guys think about you in the bathroom. Ok, I was trying to spread it around, I have magazines in the can.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:43 PM   #87
johnnyb
Founding Member

Um, you got Prince Albert in the can?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #88
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

27000 for a VROD? I'd rather have a Rune.....Oh wait, I already do!
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:55 PM   #89
duhdickie
Registered Member

Only one very serious comment. I love the Buell motor, actually bought one a few years ago, just because of it. But, when i went to sell, not one Harley Dealer in the entire SF Bay Area was interested in showing the bike, would not take it on consignment, and certainly did not wish to purchase at or near low low blue book. In other words, absolutely no after market dealer support, so if you purchase a Buell, you will own the bike forever, or you will take a beating when you go to sell, and if you love motorcycles, that's not a pleasant thought. rich sacks
duhdickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #90
Fenton
Founding Member

No, but my refrigerator is running.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote