Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #121
sliphorn
Registered Member

Default Re: What's the difference between a trombone player and a large cheese pizza?

Gabe, I'm sure you can do much better than that. I've heard 'em all, believe me. Actually I make a very nice living as a trombonist here in Chicago. Of course it helps that I can seriously play the damn thing too.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #122
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Have You Ridden Both Bikes?

The S40 is a 20 year old design and is the same price as the Venox...why? It's also not much lighter, and I don't think it's faster, even though it's a 650.

I think the Venox is nicer on the highway and looks a lot better too. Ride both before you form an opinion.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #123
Joel_CA
Registered Member

Default Re: Have You Ridden Both Bikes?

I own a savage (along with an intruder 800) , but I haven't been on the Venox. I can see why people would like it. I just don't like the styling. As for speed, they are probably pretty similar but, the savage is going to have a lot more torque in the useable 0-50 range. I guess the S40 is more for people who like a simple, functional motorcycle over a lot of flash.

Then again for $4,000 you get get a barely used V-star, VS800, or shadow.
Joel_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:06 AM   #124
abogado
Registered Member

Default Re: Um...

Call your wife whatever she wants to be called. It don't give you a pass out in the rest of the world.

BTW...there is a difference between PC dogmatism and using racial slurs.
abogado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #125
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Kymco Venox Review: The Perfect First Bike?

Sounds like a 60's singing group:

"Introducing, Buell & the 600's!"

*cheeeeeeeer*

LOL
Old 09-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #126
cdfisher
Registered Member

Default Dyno Chart and Run, plus another opinion...

Thanks for the truthful review Gabe. As usual, the threads ramble all over the map, but most are worth reading. As usual, I have a "few" opinions as wellÂ…

To those who reveal your "Buy America" tattoo in this segment, grow up, itÂ’s a big world out there and a world economy exists where if a butterfly flaps its wings in Taiwan, a Hurricane appears in the Gulf of Mexico. My profit stays right here and feeds our employees and their families, who cares if someone else in another land makes some money to feed their families as well.

When you want to get self-righteous about the way that other workers are treated in their own countries, look at how unionism and high wages have reduced the skilled labor here in the US. You ever wonder how come there are only two real motorcycle manufacturers in the US when there used to be over 100?

To those who want to talk about quality and manufacturing. KYMCO and a small group of manufactures in Taiwan have the most modern ISO9002 approved facilities in the world. These companies produce the majority of parts for other countries (Japan, Italy, US, Europe) so they can remain competitive in their own markets. The workers arenÂ’t a bunch of 10-13 year olds slaving over an open forge for a cup of rice. They are highly trained and competent. And middle class by their own countries standards.

For people who question the reliability of these machines, we had our first warranty claim on a Venox last week. It was a huge one. Garrett has over 6K miles on his machine, the majority of them 2 up with his lovely girlfriend Melissa and his brake-light switch stuck on. What is a dealer to do with this shameful record of reliability? I guess IÂ’ll have to issue some recall notices to the shop just to make our Venox riders feel like they spent money on a product as good as the Japanese produce. Maybe that will make them feel accepted.

Anyway, thanks again to MO for the excellent review of our products. If Americans ever get over their MORE IS BETTER syndrome it will be because gas went to $6 a gallon and actually made us think like those in Europe. That less or just enough, isÂ… well, good enough.

We have the latest Stage II dyno chart and run available for those who are interested.

Go to mapsp.com and look under Factory Pro Tuning Center for the latest on performance.

Thanks,

Curtis Fisher

President

MidAmerica PowerSports Plus Inc.

9909 E. Hwy. 40

Independence, MO 64055

Bus: 816.777.1785

9909 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 777-1785

MidAmerica Hyosung
9108 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 554-1766
cdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #127
saraujo
Registered Member

Default Re: Kymco Venox Review: The Perfect First Bike?

i test rode one of these a few months back. it's really a lot of bike for the money. i'm 6' tall and close to 200# and it was plenty roomy and pretty confortable too. there was enough power to go as fast as you'd need to. that little 250 v-twin really is smooth. i'd have no problem doing a highway commute on it.

there was only one thing i didn't like: at low speeds there is a tendency for the front end to feel a bit vague. it doesn't even really wander, just doesn't give good feedback. once you're out of the parking lot it's much better.

aside from that it was a really nice bike and one of the very few under 600cc that fits a tall person fits and doesn't look silly. the engine had a nice smooth pull and plenty of power off the line. that steel braided front brake was quite nice. fit and finish was quite good but you can tell this isn't a $20k machine.

while it's not a freeway killer it is a very inexpensive and nice looking bike. the styling is also quite distinctive, something usually lacking in a bargain bike. like the yamaha v-star 650 (which i owned) it looks and rides like something much bigger.

scott
saraujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #128
Sipde
Registered Member

Default Re: Do they start Air Force pilots out on ultralights?

We have had them for the 1st time this year. We had one right out of the box with a bad head bearing, and I know of a few others with tranny lockups..And yes, the ignition key is quite large, to the point where I am sure if it falls over that is going to be one of the first things to go.

Sipde is offline   Reply With Quote