Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Vale to F1?

Seems plausible. Rossi seems like a guy who needs new worlds to conquer (unlike Matt Mladin, who's hurting both himself and the AMA by not going to WSB).

What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't do so well for a couple of years, then makes a triumphant return to MotoGP.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #12
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Two words

Yep you think he could ride a motorcycle like Rossi. Or you think Roger Clements could hit a jump shot like Jordon.. See where I was going dude?
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #13
obandoj
Founding Member

If Rosemayer, Surtees and Hailwood did it, why could Rossi not do it? Sure he can! He already tested a F-1 car and did fair on it on his first try.

Who knows, maybe he will inject some exitement into a series that sure needs it, I mean winning and losing races in the Pits?

Races should be won and lost on the damm race track!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #14
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Two words

Who was the guy who has won multiple Rallies Dakar on both cycles and cars? Peterhansel I think --
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:23 AM   #15
cheapbastard
Founding Member

Rossi has braking and cornering down to an art, once he gets the hang of the F1 he'll go on to be the best their ever was. Nobody has the refinement of this dude and ever will again.
cheapbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:56 AM   #16
nokneedragin
Founding Member

It won't hurt to have the most advanced traction control and brake tech helping him out either.

If he does go, He will be bored with it. The last few F!'s I've (barely) watched were parades. Has anything changed about that?
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:53 AM   #17
ValkBandit
Registered Member

hell, jeff ward did reasonably well in indy cars and he was a MOTO-CROSS racer. i don't think F1 and Moto-GP are mutually exclusive.

wouldn't it be cool if vale kicked schumacher's arse? heh heh.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #18
svo68
Registered Member

can't see the pole, but will say that vr would do fine in f1 and if driving for Ferrari, would probably kick ass.

f1 drivers: normally small in stature, light weight, young, have a set of balls that allow them to do things daily that could kill you instantly and most people would not do because of fear.

He has all of that..he would do fine and probably walk without a limp longer too.
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #19
davyt
Founding Member

Default Two other words that are actually relevant

O.K., I'll bite at the troll...

John Surtees.

Don't think of people at this level as "riders" or "drivers": they are "racers" that just happen to ride or drive...

Besides, what more can Vale really accomplish in MotoGP? And what a notch on his coup stick Schumacher would be! What does Ferrari have to lose?
davyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #20
staff
Registered Member

The "Survey" as it is officially titled is on the top, right-hand side of the News page just under "Search."--staff
staff is offline   Reply With Quote