Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Does the Rod Brothers

I'll spend my money on neither but lean toward the Street version.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
EvoVII
Founding Member

Don't matter none to me. Can't conceive of riding either one. First post. I'm a MOFO First Poster!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
EvoVII
Founding Member

Default Ah Hell!

Missed first post again.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
emxgarcia
Founding Member

I will stick with air cooled until the end...
Old 08-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
Fenton
Founding Member

Hey guys, great review.

I really like the new Night Rod too. Maybe a best of both worlds between the two. The wine/black color in Motor Cyclist looks damn fine.

Then you consider the K1200R looks like a "light" alternative with a bunch of techno goodies for a grand less.

What a terrible time to redo a backyard.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
fireworks
Founding Member

Default What's with the V-Rod anyways

Is it just me or does it seem like Harley is stuck between a rock and a hard place with this series of bike. The performance is wasted on a cruiser, and the cruiser buyers don't seem to want it.

The Street rod looks like a commitee decision on how best to use existing resources to try to make something that isn't profitable, profitable. It looks like a cruiser that's been raised up, and some rearsets tacked on.

Buell is where this technology should have gone, but Buell isn't Harley.

I think Harley is going to need something else with the V-Rod engine in it.

I just don't see the point of the V-Rod. Nice bike, but unfocused, and over priced.
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Hutchinator
Founding Member

I second the vote for the Night-Rod!

Awesome review guys, great reading it. I like this type of in-depth comparison with different viewpoints, thanks for the effort. Though I'm sure you had quite a bit of enjoyment completeing the task!!

From what you had to say, sound like something in the middle is indeed approching the perfect HD-Rod. Is the Night-Rod a good comprismise? Someone whose seen all three?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Chicago riding doesn't really include many of those scenic roads and racetrack corners. It's more about seeing and being seen in the Windy City. "

Does this mean that the average 120 miles/weekend that KPaul does on the curvy winding roads of the Pacific NW equal 12,000 miles of longrides Chicago poser boulevards.. Anytime you want to race big guy let me know. I'll let you use your Busa even... Sport Bike Pilot knows the roads I ride on... Now Now I am just kidding you.. longride I know you could smoke me....

Great honest review you guys-worth at least 50% of the MO subscription rate. You answered all of my questions. Good work! Thanks and yes I am jealous
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: What's with the V-Rod anyways

Seems to me to be very focused, causing a limited market. It is the only HD that has caught my eye enough to consider ownership. (Eventually, that is. Lottery, anyone?)

I believe (my out-take, of course) the whole point was to be different than everything else they currently were marketing. It seems that the dragster look has devolped a market, al-be-it small, since there are a couple companies that have the style now.

Over priced? Isn't that the definition of Harley-Davidson?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #10
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: What's with the V-Rod anyways

Excellent Points. Especially about the Street Rod. As longride said it doesn't have the bling factor of the V-Rod.... Maybe Harley will make a tourer/dresser next using this platform.. I agree with you about Buell is where the new engine tech should go. You have to grow the next gen of Harley riders from the Buell riders of today IMHO... Good post fireworks
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote