Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #101
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Does self-abuse count?

You might be near your limit.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #102
Gabe
Registered Member

Default That's not Che

It's me morphed onto Che's picture. I'm not saying commies are cool, I'm poking fun at the commercialization of Che's imagery. Hopefully I pissed off as many community college Marxists as neocon reactionary nitwits.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #103
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Manifesto Part Duex: Gabe Prophesies The End Of Sportbikes

It just figures that some limp-wristed, girly liberal like you has no problem fitting on a tiny sportbike.

Us macho types need some room to stretch out and look manly.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #104
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: That's not Che

o so we're back to Divisive Gabe are we? community college not good enuff 4 u eh? ****ZUKI OR ONE O U, GET IN HERE AND TELL `IM HOW ONLY IDIOTS GO TO IVY LEAGUE SKOOLS AND GIT EDUCATIONS!!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #105
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Of course not all are posers, but it's undeniable that the density of posers is highest in the cruiser and sportbike crowds. Was this not a theme of the manifesto? Where I live, the HDs and sportbikes ONLY come out on the weekends. This is my frame of reference and serves to reinforce the observations made in the manifesto. And when it rains or the temp drops below 40F, I'm pretty much out there alone.

As fas as situational awareness while riding in traffic goes, the higher your head, the greater your SA. Coordination has nothing to do with it.

I've only ridden thousands of miles on two continents -- you've got me there.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #106
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah. Laying on your couch and watching the Home Shopping Network is really manly.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well I just bought a new house a couple of months ago.

A man's gotta have knick-knacks!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #108
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Where I live, the cruisers and sportbikes come out on fair weather weekends. Then the highway near my home turns into a cacophony of drag pipes and unbaffled race cans. These folks are making a fashion statement rather than enjoying the sublime pleasures of riding. They are the posers and they have clouded my judgement. Thanks for the reality check.

BTW, were I to buy an HD, the Road Glide would be near the top of my list. At one time HD did really care about controlling airflow and illumination.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #109
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: That's not Che

"neocon reactionary nitwits"

redundency.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #110
rmdower
Founding Member

Geez Gabe! I'm about to buy you a bottle of Geritol. I drove my bikes(s) a total of 15,000 or so in the last year in Socal OC. The number one mile getter is the 2003 Yamaha R1. Total 6000 miles in the last year. I love driving that thing, it just feels right for me (height 5'6"). Confidence inspiring! I look forward to driving those ten miles to work each morning, just knifing through the surface street traffic and do the same riding home. Do you know how cathartic that is? Kind of a Zen thing, and I'm not alone. The soundtrack is the best Trance.

However, the Yamaha YZF-600R is about the most Comfy/Sporty/Handling bike I have ever ridden. It should be added to top of everyone's list of daily bikes ($7,300 OTD). I put 3500 miles on that this last year. I can get to 90mph in second on that bike easily at 12500 RPM.. I was messing with a squid on a 2005 Gixxer 1000 in HB (yeah. lots of squids there), and making him nervous just powerbanding 8000+ rpm. Fun!

The Hayabusa is a great commuter everyday bike, if you dare! That bike takes discipline, maturity, and well, guts...but damn people just see that bike and gawke. Kinda fun! Rule the road! Eat all traffic...aah a monster. However, it just so smooth, so comfy so responsive... if you can respect it. The bike just pulls through any gear, quietly. I got 2500 miles on it, but moving up the charts with a bullet!

Oh year...and a Yamaha V-star 1100 Classic, bleh. Just use it to go to the store or 7-11 cause its got saddle bags.

Like that V-Strom 1000... hmmm...if I was taller than 5'6", I would love one of those. Definitely function and power.

BTW, no clown outfit. Helmet is solid Royal Blue Arai Quantum/f2. Awesome helmet. Favorite: Yamaha Factory Blue armor.

Next story....Santiago Canyon: Drunken Harleys and the Cops who radar them.

rmdower is offline   Reply With Quote