Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-27-2005, 06:51 AM   #61
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default Build vs finnish

Seems to me splitting hairs. If they put it on at the factory I would lump it into build quality.

I have to admit that the lack of dealers is a major problem. I have no idea where the nearest Hyosung dealer is. LED display for the speedo? Bad plan. It will look fine inside the showroom but on the road it could be very hard to see.

Seems like a good bike for the price. It fits right between the EX-500 GS500 and the SV.

lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #62
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default How's that sales pitch working out for you?

Sound sort of desperate for sales to me.

What did you expect, since you loan the bike to MO that you were entitled to clearly biased journalism?

Why didn't MO use some of your info, well, because your info sounds like a sales pitch. Which in the end wouldn't be an article at all, but a marketing piece.

And then you take the time to bash MO for saying they are outdated and the forums are hard to navigate.

Nice. Good job. Very professional.

Should I comment on your site? Your navigation inconsistencies or the poor use of Flash?

Throughout the article the reader gets the sense the bike is competent, but falls a bit short of the more expensive bike. Gabe's article sounded quite fair. But I guess you were just hoping for one big advertisement.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #63
cdfisher
Registered Member

Default Re: Build vs finnish

Finish quality and build quality are two accepted quality standards for an ISO 9002 approved factory line. Build would be items like welding, are the nuts and bolts tight, are the marks for adjusting the chain clear and legible? (certain hits might even point back to poor design) Finish, is chrome plating, paint, powder coating and fit of components. Combined, they add (or subtract) from the overall quality score.

My reason for splitting hairs so to speak, is that I want the factory to know where they should improve and what the buyer notices. I understood what Gabe was referring to (geez, we talked about it), but I donÂ’t know that others will unless the details are printed. He did a good job, and many people who have read his and my reply have had positive comments for both our efforts at getting information out.

To my knowledge, Hyosung is not ISO 9002 approved. KYMCO is. However, if they ever go to the time and expense for certification, there will be a real boost in quality, and no doubt, the price. I would hope that would happen, because the bike is ready for this price point with some important improvements to quality.

You are correct about dealers. I hope Hyosung is selective about their network. This is one reason we have to work hard at moving quality bikes like our MZÂ’s. The lack of qualified dealers is something that has been pointed out to me on the sales floor. We, however, are striving to be different in many aspects of customer service and support for all of our riders, no matter what brand they ride. We can only begin with ourselves, then we can help shape the industry.

The LED? Yes, it could be better. But it has a clock, engine temp and fuel gauge, and odometer. Just reproduce it in an LCD (better yet, colored) and it will be the bomb. As it stands, last night, when riding all over for bike night, it was great when the sun went down. And it is quite visible in all but direct (high noon) sunlight with my eyesight, which is growing dimmer.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Curtis

9909 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 777-1785

MidAmerica Hyosung
9108 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 554-1766
cdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:50 AM   #64
cdfisher
Registered Member

Default Re: How's that sales pitch working out for you?

Well there had to be at least one of you out there. So far I have read many intelligent remarks in many forums about GabeÂ’s article and my response. Look here first, then go to koriders.com and some of the yahoo forums if you want a sample of critical thinking and not hyperbole. After reading your other comments in this magazine, I really had to struggle with how I should respond.

Okay, so IÂ’ll biteÂ…

**What did you expect, since you loan the bike to MO that you were entitled to clearly biased journalism?

--MO wrote their piece and provided the means for others to respond in kind. WhatÂ’s wrong with that? IÂ’ll stand by GabeÂ’s right to his review as well as my own response. He asked me to review his article before printing (as a courtesy only, NOT for approval), but I said it looked fine as is, because I did not want to influence his article.

**Why didn't MO use some of your info, well, because your info sounds like a sales pitch.

--I actually liked the rewrite that the MO editors did to my piece. It was much more in-tune with the article and was well written. I just wanted others to know that I did not write it.

You do have a point though: Ashley, I apologize publicly for calling it a softball piece. That was uncalled for and mean-spirited. I guess I get defensive about dyno stuff and maybe I should work on it. :>)

However, Dynojet or any one who has ever operated both dynes cannot dispute what is on our site about dynos. How many do you own? Never mind, that was a rhetorical question, but somehow I think IÂ’ll get an answer anyway (sigh).

**And then you take the time to bash MO for saying they are outdated and the forums are hard to navigate.

-- Not said at all, but you illustrate my point well, when I get concerned about how others interpret what they read. Here is my quote: The on-line magazine system is a bit dated, and the forums are a little hard to navigate based on the latest in forum software, but at less than a buck a month, the price of entry is worth it. I donÂ’t believe we are saying the same thing, in fact, being a software engineer full time (the shop is my life savings and retirement) makes me uniquely qualified to make such a critique. I donÂ’t think Ashley had a problem with it. I respect her work and design. ItÂ’s not easy to do this stuff, else everybody would be doing it, right?

**Should I comment on your site? Your navigation inconsistencies or the poor use of Flash?

--Please do, oh never mind, should I send you an RFP to respond to? You obviously have a better idea. EvvvverybodyÂ’s a webmaster these days. The site is under redesign as you flameÂ…

**Throughout the article the reader gets the sense the bike is competent, but falls a bit short of the more expensive bike. Gabe's article sounded quite fair.

-- If this would have been the extent of your comments I couldnÂ’t have agreed more. I donÂ’t expect you to have a grasp of what goes on behind the scenes of arranging and delivering an article such as this, but I have some recent experience and I am very pleased with the overall job that Gabe and MO did.

**But I guess you were just hoping for one big advertisement.

-- A fine finish for your wonderful critique. I wonÂ’t begin to guess at how you arrived at your conclusion. And yes, that would be nice, but I do realize how far these bikes have to go to compete one on one with the big 4 and Gabe has integrity beyond measure. I feel I have made a friend in a very hard profession indeed. I have invited him and anyone else from MO to test any new bike we get at any time in the future. It was a great experience.

9909 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 777-1785

MidAmerica Hyosung
9108 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 554-1766
cdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #65
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: How's that sales pitch working out for you?

You are missing the point; your remarks come off as defensive rather than informative, and more insulting than "helping". The points that you put out here and on the other boards were more opinion than fact.

"I actually liked the rewrite that the MO editors did to my piece."

--Really? So you were giggling like a school girl when you wrote the response of:

"They ended being edited into a softball piece. Oh well, you can read the real thing on our site under Dyno techÂ…"

-Yep, you sound pretty happy about it. (Yes, yes, I know, you apologizedÂ…after it was pointed out)

"The on-line magazine system is a bit dated, and the forums are a little hard to navigate based on the latest in forum software, but at less than a buck a month, the price of entry is worth it."

--That's called a back-handed compliment, which your "article" is full of.

"You obviously have a better idea. EvvvverybodyÂ’s a webmaster these days. The site is under redesign as you flameÂ…"

--IÂ’m not flaming, just illustrating that as you take jabs at others you are sorely lacking in the same department.

"I donÂ’t expect you to have a grasp of what goes on behind the scenes of arranging and delivering an article such as this, but I have some recent experience and I am very pleased with the overall job that Gabe and MO did."

--Yes, how on earth will I ever be able to grasp anything that has to do with publishing articles? My word, I really must get back to pushing carts and pumping gasÂ… (Previous statement is best read in a posh English accent)

"I wonÂ’t begin to guess at how you arrived at your conclusion."

--Well, lets see. Nearly all of you comments come off as a sales pitch and you seem snotty in every counterpoint of GabeÂ’s Article (("I can't say I agreed with all of the conclusions on the article, but it's a free press, and one man's empirical opinion (even if he was mistaken on a few points)." And also: "Try LED GabeÂ… If I knew what a 1987 Cadillac dash looked like, I could comment further." ))

My response to you was childish and sarcasticÂ…and intentionally so.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #66
cdfisher
Registered Member

Default Dyno Run and Charts Posted

The Yosh slip-on did everything we had hoped it would. A 5.97 HP gain

at 9K RPM and begining at 4K with 2 HP straightaway. Next comes the

stage II Jet kit. However we have to let this bike go as it has been

sold as of Tuesday. Nevermind, we will begin again!

Check it out at mapsp.com (Factory Pro Tuning Center) and order your HP

increase today!

Curtis Fisher

President

MidAmerica PowerSports Plus Inc.

9909 E. Hwy. 40

Independence, MO 64055

Bus: 816.777.1785

9909 E Hwy 40
Independence MO 64055
(816) 777-1785

MidAmerica Hyosung