Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #61
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: The Wave

Around here, the HD riders are usually the ones who wave, I see very few others return it.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #62
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Ride to Work Again...

How about a "ride to lunch day"? Or a "ride to the liquor store" day?

Or a "ride to work stuintin' day" where you do wheelies, stoppies and burnouts all the way to work and back.

Ride to work backwards? Ride to work blindfolded? Naked?

Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #63
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride to Work Today -- Or Else!

Ok, I rode my bike to work. Where's my prize?
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:55 PM   #64
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride to Work Again...

"ride to work stuintin' day" where you do wheelies, stoppies and burnouts all the way to work and back. ..

Isn't that what today was? Oops, hope I'm not disqualified. I have a great defense though: I was on the Buell.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #65
saab2broke
Founding Member

Rode to work in Atlanta - saw one other bike, but then, it was 90 F and raining. Still, beats driving a cage!
saab2broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #66
dogcatfud
Registered Member

My plant has a special parking area just for motorcycles that is isolated from the main car lot. The floor is paved with concrete to prevent sinking kickstands. When I arrived, I found twice the number of motorcycles compared to previous days.

After work, I rode to the Triumph dealer as they had a special promotion for 15% off accessories if you came in on your bike. I stood in line behind a guy dressed in typical squid apparel. He held a beat-up helmet and a pair of brake pads. The cashier rang him out with the discount for the brakes. Then I paid for my item and left the store. As I put on my gear, I noticed the same guy walk outside and get into a late model Mercedes coupe. He purposely carried a lid into the store under the guise of having ridden in just to get a discount. Some people have no shame...
dogcatfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:13 AM   #67
chanman_01
Registered Member

Default Re: Tomorrow: Ride to Work -- Or Else!

Happy to say I found a loophole. The company can't dictate what transportation you use when headed to or from work (as it's not the company's time). Since my home is about a four-mile detour from the secondary office to the main, I went home for "lunch" before heading to the main office via the long more scenic route.

Unhappy to say that at either offices, I only counted a total of three bikes (mine included). And while on the road, I only saw two others. Perhaps it was too hot (low-90s) in the D.C. area and folks whimped out.
chanman_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #68
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Retired...Schmired

Paramedics are riding them now in the bigger cities. Imagine the high CDI factor with that,

rider and fire fighter, women would swoon!
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #69
bmwclay
Founding Member

Rode to work. Saw only one bike on my 70 mile roundtrip commute, and he looked like a Harley rider coming home after the bars closed.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote