Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-23-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: A Star is Born @50!

2Wheel Tuesday ran a feature on this earlier this week. Bout time it made it on MO.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
SmokeU
Registered Member

Those Roadliners sure remind me of the defunct Shadow Aero.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

No MT-01 for USA?

Just get a Warrior and shut da F--k up cuz we only buy cruiser & sporbike...???
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
96sp
Registered Member

Why would Yamaha takes its hard earned reputation and toss it for "Star" Ohh pretty. Sounds like the ad people had too much time and money to play with. You don't see Honda Selling a "Red" or the New "Wing" line of motorcycles. Stupid is my vote. Helllloooo people. It's big, it's hard it's Wood. It's Log. And new fashion Log for girls.
96sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
gceaves
Registered Member

Awesome Morphous~

That blue scooter has _got's_ to be the coolest thing on the road.

I saw a few photos of it in recent Japanese motorcycle magazines. Never thought it would be brought to the North American market. Way stylish~ Definitely on my wish list. Chicks will dig it.

-gceaves
gceaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Thanks for the update Pete. Sean is a very lucky man. She looks so elegant and beautiful. You two make a great looking couple.

I guess the move to use the Star name is OK. However, these cruisers don't really ignite any passion in me. Unlike the Victory 8 ball,HD FXDX, Fat-Boy or V-Rod which I would enjoy owning... It's the long board short board thing right Buz? I am starting to understand..the cruiser appeal..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:21 AM   #7
cptaebphd
Founding Member

That big headlight and small wheels on the 'Liners looks unbalanced, like Dolly Parton in high heels. Maybe that's a good thing....

And why didn't we see the Morphous in the classic black/yellow motif? Opportunity missed!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:44 AM   #8
Strmn8r
Registered Member

I've recently read that 2004 profits for Toyota outgunned the big three American auto manufacturers combined. I'm no market analyst, but I think the method went like this: establish a reputation for quality early on, then after you've mastered your chops, hire some of the best designers to spruce up the line and appeal to the public's emotions (a la Lexus).... Reap big $$$. Remember when Toyota was just Carollas? Not any more. Now look carefully at the detailing of Star's Roadliners. These are not the Viragos you bought when you were flippin' burgers in the 80's. I dare anyone to line up a Roadliner side-by-side with a Harley Roadking and blurt the Harley mantra, "Jap Crap!". You would need a lot of Schlitz Beer under your gullet to not see just how cheesy a Harley has become when compared to the latest Jap cruisers. Go ahead Willie G. ... line 'em up side-by-side, then be afraid...be very afraid. Or... get to work improving your line before you become the next GM.
Strmn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:00 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not sure which Harley model you looked at recently that looks "cheesy". What is exactly cheesy about the Harleys?? How did you "check out the detailing" of a bike you haven't seen in person? Did you see them in person? It isn't "Jap Crap" anymore. It's the best imitation of a Harley they could come up with to date. You can now buy the copy, or buy the original. I wonder how frustrated the "Star" owner will get hearing "Which Harley model is that?" LOL
Old 06-24-2005, 03:30 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Looks like we've come full circle again. The Japanese copy Harley ever more closely each year. Then someone complains about how ancient HDs are and how inferior HDs air-cooled engines are or how poor the quality is... yada yada yada. Of course no evidence can be presented of this supposed quality shortcoming. Yet Yamaha gets a complete pass on their air-cooled Harley clones. Sad really.

Especially since the lightest and best handling Big Twin you can buy is a freakin' DynaGlide. It even has regular style footpegs. Try finding that on the "japcrap". It's even cheaper than most of the other 1600cc+ cruisers. Unless they are last year's mocels like the VTX 1800s which are selling for under 10K. Man did the guys who bought those for full price take a bath or what?