Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #61
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: A Star is Born @50!

Sean,

Does she...you know...does she...go...know what I mean?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #62
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Yes, according to Yamaha, the new Morphous scooter does indeed go fast enough to be ridden on the freeway. -Sean
Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #63
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: A Star is Born @50! Freddie Spencer...NOT!!

Sorry my MAJOR bad! Things like that happen when lookin' at two things at once. Like a picture of Eddie and a brochure for Freddie's school next to your computer.

A thousand pardons...
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:02 AM   #64
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Isn't that a lot like getting the lightest and best handling super tanker? What's the point? If lightness or handling were a consideration, the H-D (Star, VTX, RIII, M90 etc...) wouldn't be looking at large displacement cruisers, any more than Mat Mladin would be shopping for the Superbike with the largest luggage capacity. -Sean
Old 06-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #65
yoavy11
Founding Member

I predict the new "Star" the same sales success of the VTX's.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #66
maloosik
Founding Member

66th POST!

You have to admit this is a good effort. The styling / Branding and Art Deco thing has a certain boldness and Panache to it. The cruiser market foundation is style centric , and I think that this design safely doesn't really break any new ground, but does have some credibility based on the technical merits of the aluminum frame, bigger cubes, more ideal weight distribution, hidden control cables, and a headlight that can be taken off, filled with briquettes, and used to BBQ a few dozen bratwurst. Ther's even a grill on the side of the gas tank, how thoughtful. The windshield could easily be used for powerpoint presentations, and the front fender... should stop mud from being flung onto the engine, by the way, Darth Vader called, his helmet is missing. This design seems to pick up where the BMW montauk left off. I like it.

"A" for effort I'd say. "C" for execution, but riding one may change that. I look forward to the full report.

PS-Sean- your wife is hot. Buy her a bigger ring.
maloosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #67
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Agree with most you said but

"Who does the engineering work for "America's Motor Company?" Porsche"

Not so, only Harley's V-Rod, Harley's only descent motor was engineered by Porsche.

"Don't let the Road Star's 1950's era motor fool you. They built that junk motor because it is what the masses wanted."

Dead on!!!

"Now that the masses are getting interested in perfromance cruisers, we'll see the engineering might of the Japanese motorcycle companies"

I doubt it. Not as long as were are talking sticking with dumb a$$ V-twins. And again that seems to be what the masses want.

Now if Japan starts making some more V-4's oh say 1500cc or more then yes the motorcycles will once again embarrass HD's like the V-Max has for 20 something years.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #68
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Nice bunch of info for the cruiser folk out there. I scrolled through the article as fast as I could, just glancing at the pics. Now I feel sick.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:32 AM   #69
SRMark
Founding Member

I've been riding a recumbent bicycle quite a bit lately. I just may scoot on down to my Yamaha dealer in September and check out the Morphous. It looks like a recumbent scooter. And Sean, you and your wife make a handsome couple. Well, she sure is stunning anyway.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote