Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-16-2005, 08:30 PM   #91
mattkane
Founding Member

Default Re: It Ain't The Tool: The Canyon Carving Shootout

cool article.

i've got a cbr9 and a ktm duke. sometimes i resort to flipping a coin . . .

and can someone tell me why ktm's 950 supermoto is not sold in the states yet??? likely could solve all our problems.
mattkane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2005, 05:08 AM   #92
christian_gates
Founding Member

Please (please) don't get him started on this stuff. Nobody wants to read a 47 post flame war about whether people who voted for Bush are retarded, or the minions of Shai'tan (or whether people who voted for Kerry should pack their bags and move to France or Canadia, telling Walter Mitty-type stories to anyone who will listen on the way).

It was obviously him from his first post about supersport safety, albeit to this point his posts have lacked the political commentary, which I can get from the American Spectator or the the Nation or Daily Kos or LittleGreenFootballs or what have you.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:01 AM   #93
Airfiddler
Founding Member

I would ride a DP , but I can't find a paper bag

big enough to fit over my full face helmet that I can cut the eye holes in. Just too Butt ugly for me. I know, I know. shallow poser type...
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 08:39 AM   #94
docflash
Registered Member

excellent writing, gabe.

i agree wholeheartedly about big twin power: torque, to me, means rideability in the real world. i even replaced the air intake tubes on my bmw r1100rsl with those from a bmw r1100gs to get more torque at lower rpms - it makes a hell of a difference. the bike feels like it's half a gear lower at all times.

WRT upright seating position and wide bars, tho': i can't help but wonder how a tuono or a speed triple would have done on those same roads. i've spent some time on both those bikes, as well as on big dual sports, and think the triple or tuono would give the DS a real run for its money.

anyhow, great piece. good writing, and nice concept.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #95
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

I just bought a KLR 650 last month so this was fun to read. Like previous posters wrote - only Motorcycle.com gives this kind of coverage to bikes...

I am 6'8" and the KLR 650 fits me really well. The ergos feel really well to me.

Harry
HarryMyhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #96
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

I just bought a KLR 650 last month so this was fun to read. Like previous posters wrote - only Motorcycle.com gives this kind of coverage to bikes...

I am 6'8" and the KLR 650 fits me really well. The ergos feel really well to me.

Harry
Old 06-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #97
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

Harry
Old 06-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #98
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Umm, 1900 miles in 22 hrs. equates to an average of 86.36 MPH. I call BS. There's no way, nowhere you could have ridden at near triple digit speeds for 22 hrs straight...
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:13 AM   #99
Strmn8r
Registered Member

Amen, Scott. I agree completely with your take on track ergos vs street ergos. The tuck position is optimized for speeds in excess of 110 mph, upright is good for 90 mph and below, i.e. streetbiking. The tuck position works on the track so well because wind resistance becomes a major issue at high speed. Also, lowering the center of gravity via the tuck aids in eeking the last tenth of performance out of the bike when exploring the limits of tire adhesion, something not advisable on the street. Upright is good for comfort, preservation of energy, and maintaining sightlines for cross-traffic. Laid-back feet-up cruiser ergos? Good for watching videos of racers and DP's on TV.
Strmn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:30 AM   #100
Strmn8r
Registered Member

Good tries, you guys. And the winner is...

Ducati Multistrada. (aka the Fuglistrada)
Strmn8r is offline   Reply With Quote