Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-07-2005, 02:11 AM   #11
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: '05 BMW K1200S - U.S. Test

The more things change.....BMW is still beta testing on customers, motoscribes are still polarized about them and the Roundel faithful won't give a rat's rear about any opinions outside of ON or OTL INTEL. And they will be mostly right in the long run - that is; right IF you are a Roundel Head.

Funny thing about BMW's and HD's: they really bring the strong opinions out of the woodwork.

A good point was made about waiting a couple of years. BMW is soooo slow to fix the little glitches. Sometimes they never fix them...whonky paralever splines, unphased U-joints, weak Type 247 charging, 249 Series surging...on and on. But then the aftermarket has fixes for most of that stuff.

Which brings me to the bottom line: as many a moto journalist has pointed out before - Euro bikes need you. They need you to well, finish them. Doing that well is a rewarding experience IF you like that sort of thing. Me? Been there and done that. Maybe I'll go back again and maybe not.

Good review. I do appreciate being able to grid in writers likes, dislikes. Helps the ole bs filter work better.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2005, 02:15 AM   #12
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Fritz never learns...

We just watched Team America the other night, too. It has been a long, long time since we laughed that hard at a movie. In the DVD extras, Matt or Trey (I forget which) just took off on actors in general ("they are all turds") and Jerry Bruckheimer movies in specific. Can you picture the SouthPark crazies remaking "Armageddon" with puppets?

BUWAAA HAAAAA!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:34 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Looks like a nice enough bike. After Sean tore it to pieces, I'm not so sure it's ready for prime time. Beemers have always been an interesting oddity for me. I DO need to test ride one just to satisfy my curiosity. It just seemed like Gabe and Sean rode two different bikes. This thing have a split personality??
Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
SRMark
Founding Member

I hope BMW's quality control isn't that bad but it sure sounds like there was a world of difference between the bike that Gabe was on relative to that which Sean tested. I'll wait for the R. The MSRP isn't too rediculous and it sure looks better than any BMW I've seen in the past 10 years.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:34 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

TA/WP is the best movie of the year! How about that serial vomitting scene... oh god, please make it stop!

Matt Damon!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:10 AM   #16
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I don't get it. why would anyone buy this bike when a new Busa is thousands less, and doesn't have all of the negatives that Sean mentioned? BMW should do what is used to do best, and build bikes that are easier to maintain, have better reliability, and are lighter than other manufacturer's offerings. Seems like they forgot all of that when they offer poorly thought out bikes like this turd. Van
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:11 AM   #17
maladg
Registered Member

We were trying to munch popcorn when that scene started. I was choking chunks while laughing....a FIRST! for me.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #18
johnnyb
Founding Member

AMEEEERICAAAA!! ***** YEAH!!! U really do create a special bond when you, well, u know.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:58 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Well at least BMW has the easier to maintain part down.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #20
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Ugh. What's up with the camera you guy are using to film basic walkarounds and stuff like that? Why does it always sound like you are in a wind tunnel?

Can't you put something around the microphone to help out with the wind noise? It's kinda annoying.

ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote