Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #11
skadamo
Founding Member

Default Re: Hyosung 650 GT (r)

Another great review of Hyosung's GT650....

click here

Unfortunately not a ride report. I am yet to see a back to back comparison to the sv650.

MO??? Throw us a bone!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

It's what happens in a free market when the government doesn't interfere with the law of supply and demand. When supply exceeds demand prices fall to the level of which goods will sell for in a glut market. This sends a signal to manufacturer's to cut back production to bring the market back to the point at which the manufactureÂ’s can make a profit for their goods. It's a simple and beautiful means of setting the true price of goods. When ever governments set price controls or production quotas it always means that in the long run producers and consumers will suffer. BTW in 1983 I paid 3200 dollars for a brand new Honda CB1100F, which was the fastest motorcycle money could buy back then. That price proves two things. The consumer can sometimes get a good deal when the market is right, and that the government should NEVER be allowed to have access to a printing press that can print fiat money. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #13
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default The "LCD" Display

Is absolutely hideous on the Alpha. I mean come on, talk about reminiscent of 1980's digital clock radio with alarm and snooze button displays, that thing is just gawd-awful. Red? Red? K.I.T. flashback here. Hyosung must gone back in time and nabbed Bonnie from the Knight foundation to design that thing.

Please tell me there are aftermarket offerings for such things.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #14
iamz
Founding Member

"This sends a signal to manufacturer's to cut back production...."

Now if only GM and Ford could figure this out. They cut prices but keep producing the same volume of vehicles for the most part. And even when they do stop production they pay the union boys and girls their full wages to sit at home and watch Jerry Springer.

iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #15
iamz
Founding Member

Default Re: Its NOT the SV650 engine...

I read that also.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #16
Fenton
Founding Member

I don't recall the MSRP on the CB1100F, but $3200 would seem to be about right with let's say a $7-8k almost the "quickest" standard type bike today.

Yamaha may be taking the pro-active "made-to-order" FJR approach to keep me from buying last years model for less that 10k.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #17
Fenton
Founding Member

Put a "V" shaped windscreen on that thing and you have the Korean-R1200ST
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #18
jungkvist
Founding Member

Hunter, is that you? I was wonderin' when someone was gonna hold a seance.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #19
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default 78hp! Well, whaddaya know...

Looks like the Koreans know how to lie. too. I couldn't find that number in any of the pieces I read. But if it's out there, it's probably inflated. I'm pretty sure that Suzuki rates the new SV at 70+hp and that's probably a lie. How Hyosung is gonna get those extra poinies for a lower price, I'd like to know. Considering the SV is notorious for peaky accelleration - and they've been building motorcycles forever -I gotta wonder just how unruly the GT650's trottle would be when it's pushing 10% more.

Dollars to a donut, I'd go with the Suzuki. But if Sean and company review the GT650 and it has the extra power, smooth accelleration and a lower price, we'd all be fools not to consider it. I have my doubts, though.

As for the Fischer, who knows when we'll ever see that? They were talking about turbo-charging the little 650 and maybe pushing 90+hp. Last I checked, no turbo bikes have ever cautht on. Still, the combination of V-twin thrumb and turbo whine, might just sound pretty cool - kinda like a cello being backed-up by a rhythm section (as the similes rear thier ugly heads).
Old 06-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #20
pattonme
Founding Member

Default fairing front *blech*

rest of the bike is the dog's bullocks but the stacked headlight crap is plain awful. So is the pointy-down nose. The busa looks like crap and all the GSXR and GS500's with the pointy beaky look silly too. Pity they had to copy that visual blemish.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote