Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-03-2005, 05:57 AM   #41
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Glove Love

The difference between you and "Mr. Hackworth", is he has been here quite a while, and is known as a knowledgable, intelligent contributor to MO. I also know him personally, and have ridden and hung out with him a bit, and can tell you he's an experienced, proficient motorcyclist and a hell of a lot nicer guy than I am. You however, haven't been around long enough to make "mild derogatory comparisons" about anyone or anything without catching some abuse, because nobody knows anything about you. Like he said in an earlier post, "Respect is earned", and you certainly haven't earned any. If you enjoy it here, and would like to be part of what MO is, I'd suggest an apology to him and start over. With your current attitude, the abuse will get much worse before it gets better.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #42
edward44
Founding Member

An apology! For what? First off the Helmet review was attributed to the MO staff and I had no idea that Mr. Hackworth was its author. I think I have a perfect right to make any comparison I want and I will apologize to on one. And I wasn't the only one to make a critical statement. But for the record here is what I said and it was meant to be a ribbing more than anything.

Uh Oh, MO. Bad timing. Your Mickey Mouse (TM) helmet review has to to go head to head with a definitive investigation by Motorcyclist Magazine.

No time for more, I'm off to Manny, Moe, and Jack's for a new helmet.

For this I am called a dope, and idiot, ill-informed, unfunny, knee-jerk, xenophobic and others. I think a reasonable person would come to the conclusion that Mr. Hackworth is a little unbalanced with such a disproportuate response. Yes, I know, he is part of the clique that all such groups have and I inadvertently stepped on his toes. Tough stuff.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:44 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Your spelling looks okay this time but your punctuation could use some improvement.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:49 AM   #44
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Clique? I've been posting here for sometime now, and it never dawned on me that there was a clique here. It is true that those of us that post regularly have become familiar with each other, but I can't for the life of me think of any two of us that haven't had an occasional disagreement with one another. Hey, you know what they say about not being able to stand the heat in the kitchen. Most of us try to get along. You might give it a shot too. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #45
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

We are eagerly awaiting your gear reviews, but we won't bother to read them either before we critique them. I kinda like this ESP thing ya got going!

-martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #46
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I am going to immediately turn you into the Pope. I suspect he'll send you to a nun for a good spanking. You'll have to go to Arizona tho.

Wait, that ain't punishment!
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #47
sarnali
Founding Member

Better look again seru-san
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #48
johnnyb
Founding Member

MO: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT MAN!! for my money your Nankais and your Ku****anis are tought to beat. I had some Kushi summer gloves that were like buttah but then when i left the biz i started using them for bbq'ing and gardening and then my dog got hold of one. they are made from special japanese cows raised on beer in brothels.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #49
edward44
Founding Member

The jackals are on the loose.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You didn't tell the whole truth Eddie. So typical of the victim mentality.

So your comment was just a bit of ribbing? Let's see what you said after your "bit of ribbing":

"Would you believe MO deleted my post! Can I get a refund?"

At which point I explained nobody from MO deleted your post, but the readers rated it where it belonged; in the "Dipstick" category. Then you said:

"Same difference. Sour grapes for criticising their poor efforts. Now lets see how they score this one"

Just a ribbing eh? Sounds like you are being quite the ass, so far. Sounds like a presonal attack on the person that did the article. You also didn't listen to a word I said, because AGAIN I explained that MO does not moderate posts, but the readers do. So you said:

"Ooooooo. I never paid any attention to that business. But looks likes I was rated by the usual sycophants."

Only then did SBP rip you a new one, and you certainly deserved it. You do have the "right" to be abrasive, and act like a moron. I wouldn't take that right from you, because you seem to relish the role. Just keep doing what you have done. Let's face it Eddie, you ain't no innocent victim here. I don't have a problem with a chronic complainer, really. Just quit crying like a baby when you get ripped a new one. Get used to it. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come with your attitude.