Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #21
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Glove Love

Fieldsheer FSR-Tech gloves are a nice buy. I paid $20.00 for a pair, as a Christmas present to my son-in-law. They were so comfortable that I damn-near kept them for myself.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #22
edward44
Founding Member

No, not interested. Just think it's got to be the next

thing on your agenda to show us what a kool dude you are.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #23
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"So yes, I do think that it's legitimate to do long term reviews of products that are still in production (like the JR Speedmasters), especially when we can tell you that they are built to last, represent a great value and give them a hearty endorsement."

This a great service to MO readers in my opinion. Sometimes things look cool and feel good but wear out quickly i.e. the first versions Nike running shoes for example. Thanks SBP
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #24
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Edward - you need to get past this infatuation you have with bad spelling and men's undergarments. For goodness sakes man, get some help!
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #25
sportriderjed
Founding Member

Default tecknic chicane gloves

I am really glad you reviewed these as I have 2 pair and think they are the cats ass. I even crashed badly (highside at streets of willow) in a pair and they performed well without all the plastic doodads and other bs. They are very comfortable and work well from about 40 degrees through 100+. My only complaint is that the black dye turns/fades to a wierd grey/green color from prolonged sun exposure. I have other gloves and none have faded like the plain black chicane (now a funky grey/green) but what do you want for $25? I have had the black come through from the palm in the summer and stain my fingers and palms. Like leather, they get stiff after a summer of riding in the heat...too much sweaty palms I guess. Oh, and I can pull a credit card out with them on. That is more a function of dexterity I think, because my wife can pull out a credit card from my wallet while in a straitjacket 20 miles away....
sportriderjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #26
johnnyb
Founding Member

SBP seldom wears underware and when he does it's usually something exotic, like a mesh...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #27
Pinkslip
Founding Member

I can't say that I bothered reading this article. Firstly, was this a review or a filler like the head gear article last week? (Didn't read that either). Secondly, way to review a pair of $25.00 gloves you picked up from Cycle Gear that were as cheap as they were, because they were discontinued.

This truly inspires me though- I now know I (or anyone else for that matter) could have a job in journalism.

Maybe this is the teaser before the real review of fifteen to twenty different (currently produced and available) selections of gloves from various manufacturers, in various price ranges. I'd like to think so.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #28
nadimnabil
Founding Member

I just got a pair of the tourmaster robomax gloves from newenough.com. Besides the fact that they bleed a little at first I love them. Three vents on the fingers similar to the Joe Rocket gloves and lots of great carbon fiber protection. At 45 bucks you can't beat it. Big sale, check em out.

Nadim
nadimnabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #29
skrump
Founding Member

Be careful of the Held gloves. I've gone through a couple of pairs, thinking that since they cost the most, they must be the best.

Tried out the Held Akiras first. Great glove, the feel was amazing! However, the sleeve of my First Gear jacket is a bit... 'girthy'. This made it quite a chore getting the Akira's gauntlet up over the sleeve. Within a few weeks, the elastic nylon that attached the gauntlet's velcro flap to the glove had torn completely off, rendering the glove useless. Returned that pair, and picked up the Held Kryptons. Took a while to break in, but finally very happy with their fit and feel. Even crash tested them, lowsided at about 50! The gloves held up.... adequetely. The Kevlar was torn up pretty badly on the right hand, but the gloves remained functional. However, after just over 1 riding season in them, the Kevlar palm reinforcement is peeling right off on the left glove. They've gotten a lot of use, but c'mon, the threads are popping out all over the place, and that Kevlar flap is a few stitches away from flapping in the wind. I expected a bit longer life out of a glove that I paid 250 bucks for...
skrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:44 AM   #30
edward44
Founding Member

SBP always buys his leathers one size too small: he likes the feel of being tightly bound, naked, in leather.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote