Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #51
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmet Replacement

How 'bout the oil guys?

Now you can buy a more expensive oil that'll last 5000 miles! Just exactly where the carmaker recommends you do it. 'Course, if they recommend 7500 miles (more and more common nowadays), you'll have to spend even more for a more "extended wear" version. That "15,000 mile" stuff must be somethin'!

The quick change guys still recommend you change every 3000 miles, though. That's because they can't keep from giggling when they try to get you in more often than that.

Come to think of it, we haven't had a mineral vs. synthetic thread in quite a while...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #52
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: Spring Helmet Bazaar

Duke,

Just ignore the popping and cracking sounds, and practice, practice, practice.

My Signet seems to prefer sitting in my lap, facing me. The shield goes on fairly easily if you firmly grasp the sides and insert the bottom of the "hook" straight down until it engages. I concentrate on one side at a time. Once you get both sides engaged, manfully rotate the shield down, witness the loud cracking noises, and yer there!

It helps to do all this with a soft cloth, to avoid mucking up the nice clean shield.

All this being said, the first thing I did after buying the hat was to order a replacement set of side plates. You break or lose one, you're screwed!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #53
badinfluence
Founding Member

That Arai Signet is very similar to the helmet of the late John Meyers when he was with Star Racing. That alone would entice me to buy it, and I don't buy replicas... But then again, it is John Meyers.
badinfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #54
NukleoN
Founding Member

Takes me about 6 seconds to change the shield on an Arai Signet GTR....just takes practive but at first I felt like I was breaking the shield and the helmet.
NukleoN is offline   Reply With Quote