Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #31
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Spring Helmet Bazaar

Agreed. I have GOT to get me one of these!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #32
edward44
Founding Member

Same difference. Sour grapes for criticising their poor efforts. Now lets see how they score this one.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:13 AM   #33
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default So, which one offers the best peripheral vision?

I donÂ’t understand why peripheral vision wasnÂ’t mentioned in the piece. IMHO, of all the drawbacks of wearing a full-face helmet, poor PV is the worst. Considering how lousy sport-bike mirrors are, IÂ’d think it would have been appropriate to discuss it in the article. After all, avoiding an accident should be everyone's first priority - and that has everything to do with vision.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:14 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Not really the same. The MO guys don't rate your post. It is rated by the MO denizens at large. Obviously, some weren't too impressed.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:39 AM   #35
edward44
Founding Member

Ooooooo. I never paid any attention to that business. But looks likes I was rated by the usual sycophants.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:16 AM   #36
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

You don't know who downrated your post since comments may be moderated by any paid subscriber. So your post above may be taken as a slam against the entire MO community.

In the instance of the comment to which this reply is directed you are going to know who moderated it down because it's going to be me as soon as I finish this comment. But I am also going to do you you the considerable service, the only time I have ever done this on this site, of telling you that you are an absolute dope (since you obviously don't know). The bad news, amigo, is that when one looks up idiot in the encyclopedia it is you that they see waving at them.

You don't like our helmet sub-feature, fine. It was not meant to be any kind of ground breaking piece on helmets. Just a cobbled together description of some helmets we'd acquired around MO in the pervious months we thought our readers would be interested in. We happen to be fans and frends of Mitch and Motorcyclist especially when they do great work like this. We sent a congratulatory letter when we saw the article to which you originally referred. It is indisputably a wonderful and important piece of journalism and I imagine it took a fight to even get it into print. Massive respect to the MC crew.

But, I digress - you, edward44, have flamed everyone here without demonstrating either the a basic grasp of how this forum works, the manners to express your opinions politely, a command of language that would at least make your comments interesting to read, or even a sense of humor which it always the get out of jail card around here. I do see that you have access to a dictionary though. All of which leads me to believe that you are likely bored, frustrated at your lack of ability to cope with your surroundings, and in an unhappy place with time on your hands.

So how is Angola, pardner?

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #37
dylanmo
Founding Member

You must not pay attention to anything but yourself, since the Motorcyclist article was mentioned about six times (and described glowingly, too) before you chimed in. I'm wondering why you brought up that article as if you had something new to say. Except for the jackassery, that is.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #38
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmet Replacement

I was mostly reffering to bicycle helmets, which are much lighter, have less foam and don't have a heavy shell. I believe I phrase my post poorly, as I was wondering if t here have been any test for motorcycle helmets.

Another note, you can get a quality bicycle helmet for less than $50. Perhaps there is something to that.
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #39
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Good Point!

That is something we should pay attention to. However, since all modern helmets have a face-opening several degrees wider than the average human field of vision, we don't make a note of peripheral vision unless there's a deficit. None of our testers reported any problems, so I guess we didn't say anything because it wasn't an issue!

I know in the bad old days of those weird Medival Times Bell helmets with the tiny vision slit, that was an issue. I haven't had this issue wth a full-face helmet ever. Maybe we're just used to full-face helmets, and compensate by turning our heads a bit. I've never heard of an accident being caused because the motorcyclist had restricted vision due to a full-face helmet. I imagine vision wuld be even more impeded by goggles or tearing caused by wearing sunglasses and nothing else (in front of your eyes, Sean!)at 70 mph.

Thanks for your comment and for reading MO.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #40
edward44
Founding Member

A lot of words to waste on an idiot. I find the ability to rate anothers post anonymously repugnant but just this once I'll rate yours: a -1. God that was so much fun!

Like I said, Mickey Mouse.