Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #81
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Open Supersports Shootout!

Every body knows that the best riders in the world don't come from the U.S.A., Italy and Australia they come from the U.K. ;} U.K. riders Neil Hodgson and James Toseland have competed against the best riders in the world in WSB against the best bikes in the world, all manufacturers and they dominated. NOT!!!

sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #82
oldtim
Founding Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #83
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Just out of curiosity, even though I know I am going to regret asking, how is one opreation more precise than the other?

Must be that darned new math.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #84
johnnyb
Founding Member

i'll tell yas why R1 sells big in Yoorup u dolts, it is because Valentino Rossi is moto gp champ and also because R1 is top-end beast and across el pond-o you can USE that. Also because it is coolest looking. U know you want an R1 more than any of the others, admit it. where did everybody go anyway? Sister Mary doesn't even return my calls for gods sake... and Cashley where is my $$$?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #85
staff
Registered Member

Sorry JohnnyB.

SMK
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #86
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

They must of slept in class when the math teacher talked bout inverses. i.e. boys 6 / 2 is the same as 6 * 1/2 Is one more precise than the other? nope...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #87
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Hey man, did you know that Kim, Ashley and I are gonna be spending a week out in the woods this summer.

Strike those dirty thoughts, you heathen!

Someone's gonna end up with a pink motorcycle though.

-sbp
Old 05-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #88
Nplateau
Founding Member

SHADDAPPP!!! You're the fastest guy I've ever known or will know.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #89
daithi
Founding Member

I seem to have stirred up a real hornets nest here, but the replies were interesting. Some earnest responses which i enjoyed reading. I did say I thought the test was very well done, as is usual with Motorcycleonline. Its an excellent source of info, and thats why i subscribe. I just disagreed strongly with the findings here, espc in relation to the huge praise foisted on the honda. look, there is nothing at all really wrong with the bike, but in the company of more exciting, involving bikes, it falls back in my rankings. At this level, you really need to be getting a ride that is involving and exciting. We know that Honda can churn out `efficient` machines. But their bikes lack the emotional aspect. You can respect their efficiency but they are souless. Compare that to any kawasaki, at least you know you are going to get a thrill on their machines, a more visceral experience. is that not what its all about???? Some people are scared of ZX10`s and that turns them off. They prefer the safer, slower honda. It is a slower bike, just check all the tests here in the states if you dont believe me. It trails the others, period. In this premium class, you cant afford to do that. The reason the R1 was the biggest selling bike in the UK last year, was that the majority of sports riders considered it to have the best combination of speed, looks, handling/braking, tractibilty, excitment factor. It generally tested as similar in power or even slightly more than the ZX10. My brother races a ZX10 and tells me there are very few Hondas to be seen on the tracks over there. In stock( lightly modified form) form, its not competitive on the track with the others. To tune it up costs too much money, in comparison the the Yams and R1`s in particular. Its hard to lose that extra 40 pounds its carrying. There is no more competetive class anywhere than BSB. Just watch it sometime!!! And yes, I totally agree with the comments that the European bike culture is much more integrated into society than in the US, its generally easier to go fast without a problem with cops, there are far more curvy roads over there, cagers show far more respect for bikes, and the vast bulk of riders are eithir riding sports bikes or sports tourers. Very few cruisers to be seen in general.
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #90
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

The Honda is plenty exciting enough for me.

You are entitled to both your opinion and to sharing it with the rest of us and I, for one, welcome it. But I wonder - have you ridden all four of these bikes, back to back, on the street, on a track and on a dragstrip?

cheers

-sbp