Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #61
decio
Founding Member

Default pete's favorite bike

Could we please get some specs on that beast!? Geez u'd think with all the money we pay u guys we could at least get some half assed decent journalism!
decio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #62
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: pete's favorite bike

It needed a steering damper too.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #63
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

I thought the steering design was brilliant...

It looks like entering a turn you can grab the wider section of the handlebar and get good leverage for turn-in. Then when racing down a straight you can grab the narrow part of the bar and be more aerodynamic.

I haven't ridden one, so if you say it needs a steering damper, okay, but other than that, I thought it looked brilliant.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #64
Pgbexr
Registered Member

Clearly the Madwagon is one of those machines that has yet to come into it's own. Bikes with a similar dilemma: Britton, Confederate, Moto Czycz(?), Harley, etc...
Pgbexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #65
daithi
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Open Supersports Shootout!

Very comprehensive test and well done all round. A big effort went into it. However i would say that your findings certainly clash with other publications, see ( Cycle World )and your super view of the Honda is the total opposite of the Uk tests, where the bike has been universally slated as being bland in the extreme, as well as being the heaviest and least powerful. A very `uninvolving` ride. It fares poorly on the track and is considered expensive to make competitive, just too heavy and underpowered to cut it with the others. The R1 and the Gixxer are the faves in Europe by far. The ZX10 does quite well with some mods as steering damper. My brother races over there and he knows!!!!!i By the way, there is a very good reason why the R1 was by a huge margin the best selling bike in the UK last year. And those riders over there are hard core, they really do know how to ride bikes.
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #66
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Make me some Pi!

Why VWW...I didn't think anyone was looking...(batting eyelashes). Besides, I was having to much fun taking crazy pics of Fonsie's butt (fully clothed, for those of you with dirty minds - Yes, you Sean).

SMK
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #67
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Make me some Pi!

Well SMK, It's a trick that we more experienced gentlemen have mastered. You really didn't think that I was wearing those vintage Ray Bans to ward off errant insects did you? BTW There are no lenses dark enough to erase that shot of Fonsie's derrière from my mind. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #68
dylanmo
Founding Member

I just can't wait to read the responses to this.

I mean, I can not wait!!!!!!!
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #69
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

If only I could ride as well as those UK boys.... just imagine how much better this test could have been. -Sean
Old 05-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #70
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

was using a hard compound rear tire, he was suffering from the ill effects of a cold, and was working his way through slower riders. I watched as he reeled in and passed many group A riders on race machinery, and tore the foot peg off of the ZX10 while setting the fastest time of the day to that point, then hopped on the Suzuki and set the fast lap of the day after two warm up laps and no other practice on that bike. This was after he gave the Honda, and the Yamaha his best effort with more practice laps on those bikes than the Kawasaki, or the Suzuki. I don't know why the R1 is the best seller in Europe, but I'll wager that those hard core riders over there would have their hands full chasing Sean around Thunder Hills. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote