Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #111
daithi
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Open Supersports Shootout!

Stephen, You are selectively editing my posts !! Tut Tut !!!! Dont shoot the messenger just because you dont like what you are hearing. I was trying to be polite by saying that it was my opinion in my second post. Its the opinion of the UK sport riding fraternity that the best sports bike of 2004 was the R1. Go argue with them if you want. By the way, I hardly ever see a Honda CBR over here in Mass, but lots of R1`s and a fair few Kawas and Suzis. What does tell you??? What I was saying about the Euro bike culture, is already acknowledged by most of the people who live here, even some of the folks on this site as already mentioned. Its not the US bikers fault, dont take it so personal. Its the culture here. Per head of Biker population, there are probably ten times more sports bike riders in the British Isles than in the States. There are some very good riders here, aside from the professionals like Doug Chandler, Mat Mladin etc....I personally ride with a very sharp Busa owner and his buudy who rides a GSXR1000. There are lots of fast men at my local meeting spot on crotch rockets. And thats repeated in some parts of the country, but only some. I have personally owned an R1, 3 Busas, a K3 Gixxer, and a ZX10 by the way. . Getting back to Motorcycleonline, I think its a fantastic website, I would rate it a ten. I am familiar with all the other good ones too, such as motorcycledaily, 2WF.com etc........I rate Motoronline as best of all, and very broad site, lots of interesting stuff. I happily pay for a sub. I think the Brit `Rags` as you call them, are the best there is out there. Espc `performance bikes` and Bike magazine. `Two wheels` is also excellent. Superbike and fast bikes also have huge followings. Just look at the amount of mags available over there per head of pop in comparison to the States. There are at least 5 other mags you cant even get in the States I have not even mentioned. That gives you an idea just how huge the market is over there. They have the excellent MCN weekly newspaper for gods sake!!!!! Finally I will say there is nothing at all `wrong` with the Honda. Its well finished, very safe to ride fast, reliable and looks particularly nice in Repsol colors. I even praised its looks to my Bro last week. What more can I say????
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #112
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Please do not moderate this down

What students would those be?

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #113
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

What does a voltage divider have to do with this..

And moderating your own posts is a no-no around here.

-sbp
Old 05-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #114
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

You know what? I'm going to leave things alone.

I'm glad that you and I agree that MO is a "fantastic website".

Good riding to you.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #115
staff
Registered Member

I have an orange flag on a long fiberglass pole on my dirtbike. All the cool kids have them. It's great, my friend Martin can see where I am over the cloud of dust trailing my bike which obscures his vision and clogs his lungs.

It also works well when signalling the flight-for-life to medivac my friend Dan when he tries to keep up with Martin who is trying to keep up with me.

--Ashley
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #116
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

You're not hurting any feelings... I was just taking your bait... mmm yummy.

The AFM website lists laptimes from its races there... the Formula Pacific (1000cc Superbike) guys are regularly in the 1:51s and 1:52s with the rare 1:50xx thrown-in for good measure.

I think Rossi could probably lap it in the :43s on a MotoGP bike.

Anyways... 1:57 is damned fast for a stock streetbike on race rubber and 2:03 is pretty good for a 225Lb guy on super-hard endurance racing tires.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:31 AM   #117
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Air and opportunity baby.

-sbp
Old 05-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #118
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

We'll be expecting a full report on this Martin. I don't want to put any pressure on you, but the fate of our entire gender is now resting on your shoulders. Van
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #119
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I would say "I won't let you down." But then, you'd just say "There's no way you can."

-sbp
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM   #120
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Thanks Ashley, the flag is a great idea. I"ll be sure to let the LifeFlight pilot know that all he has to do is find the orange flag and go due North about a day and a half.

For Martin, I think he will be far enough away he won't have to worry your dust.

Dan