Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #101
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: 100!

You just slid in that part about the R1 in case Bob Starr was reading, didn't you?

Corporate flack brown-noser!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #102
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Open Supersports Shootout!

I've had about enough of your pre-adolescent snipes SBP. Last time I rode with you all I heard was a bunch of whining about how rude I was to take off and leave you in my dust when I knew full well that you didn't know how to lane split on a wide open freeway. Maybe it was your training wheels getting in the way?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #103
johnnyb
Founding Member

Bob who? hey, u ever c SNL skit about Bass-O-Matic? Mmmm, that's some good bass.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #104
ebass
Founding Member

I only fear 3 things in this world:

1) Bicycles

2) The Bass-O-Matic

3) The sight of SA with his shirt off....AAAAAAAAH! MY EYES ARE BURNIIIIIIIIIING! AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #105
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

That's the spirit!

Mine have the cool noise makers in the spokes so that it sounds even more like a motorcycle!

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #106
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

You know, daithi, you're kind of funny. First you said:
<blockquote><tt>
However i would say that your findings certainly clash with other publications, see ( Cycle World )and your super view of the Honda is the total opposite of the Uk tests...
</tt></blockquote>
Okay, I'm with you so far. You seem to be pointing out that MO's test results where different. That's cool. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.</p>

Then you went on to describe the UK test results. That's cool, too. But why did you have to end it by saying:
<blockquote><tt>
My brother races over there and he knows!!!!! ... And those riders over there are hard core, they really do know how to ride bikes.</tt>
</blockquote>
Are you trying to say that the UK results are somehow more legitimate than MO's results? Are you trying to say that MO is wrong for not agreeing with the UK rags? You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but just what is your opinion?</p>

Oh wait, you made a second post. This time you said:
<blockquote><tt>
I just disagreed strongly with the findings here, espc in relation to the huge praise foisted on the honda. look, there is nothing at all really wrong with the bike, but in the company of more exciting, involving bikes, it falls back in my rankings.</tt></blockquote>
Oh, so it's all about you and your experience now. That's good. That's much better than pointing to UK results and complaining because MO didn't match them.</p>

You went on to describe the honda as "souless". You said that on the Kawi you would "get a thrill"... but then you went back to raving about the UK:
<blockquote><tt>
The reason the R1 was the biggest selling bike in the UK last year, was ... My brother races a ZX10 and tells me there are very few Hondas to be seen on the tracks over there ... There is no more competetive class anywhere than BSB ... European bike culture is much more integrated ...</tt></blockquote>
I don't know. You're starting to sound like someone who hasn't ridden these bikes after all. You're starting to sound like someone who just wants to belly-ache because MO's results are different from your favorite Euro rag's.</p>

Well, you're absolutely entitled to prefer one test over another. But ease up on your tone. There's no need to be so haughty about it.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #107
johnnyb
Founding Member

so many things that have to do with MO, ebass, are just much better left unimagined has always been my feeling. an uncovered SA is only the tit, er, tip of the iceberg. the whole deal is like a third-world vacation, really. intriguing yet dangerous... mystifying yet why don't we go back to the hotel bar instead before things have a chance to go south?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #108
fizzchem
Founding Member

Some students somewhere are not getting their tuition's worth...
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #109
fizzchem
Founding Member

I'm sure you call this

http://web.mit.edu/rec/www/workshop/voltage-divider.gif

a voltage multiplier.

Some students somewhere are pouring their money down a hole...
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #110
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Please remind me to never pi$$ you off.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote