Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #31
yossef
Founding Member

Default GSXR mods

Here it is:

1100 GSXR pipes can be rotated down by simply fitting a 2" extension hanger from the original mounting hole in the footpeg bracket to the silencer. That cleared up enough room to mount the ex-Ducati/Nonfango hard cases (found in e-bay) with plenty of hand made brackets.

Being 6'4", I raised the separate rider seat about 1/2" with rubber spacers. Hand cut new footpeg hangers made out of 5/16" ally plate allowed moving the pegs lower and as far forward as possible. After this mods the Gixxer is pretty comfortable, quite supple on its revalved suspension and a very nice sport tourer with better wind protection than a Superblackbird. They used to make fairings really big back then!

All the rest is stock.

yossef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 AM   #32
vinny666
Founding Member

Default Mounting the camera

That video was pretty cool! Makes me wanna go there right away. I am actually planning on taking the trip from Amsterdam to the Dolomites later this year. No trains though, just a day of autobahn drone for me.

BTW, how do you mount a camera like that? I would like to make a similar movie when I'm there but am wondering how to keep the camera stuck to the tank. Duct-tape? Stick it in a tank bag?

Vincent.

vinny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #33
yossef
Founding Member

Default Re: Mounting the camera

A piece of thick foam ( to get the camera to look over the clocks and cancel vibration ) and plenty of duct tape around the gas tank. You can mount also over a tank bag, just make sure that it's really steady.

If your camera has an external microphone connector, it'd be wise to use it and mount the external microphone so that it's not exposed to the wind noise. If not, put plenty of tape over the microphone opening in the cam.

Do a test ride to see if it all works well and safely.
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #34
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Dolomites Tour

As I watched the video (nice touch with the music!) it seemed to me that the passenger was more relaxed that she should have been. Looks like a few too-quick jabs on the brakes and a few hurried turn-ins. I'd have been smacking the handlebar holder. Must be an experienced couple. No way in hell I trust anyone to ride that quick with me on the back. I gotta hold the reins.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

Let me tell ya. One of the best ways to spice up a Naval career is to miss ship's movement in Okinawa........
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #36
estenning
Founding Member

Hey thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I did almost exactly the same trip back in the last century (1995 In believe) aboard a spankin new 916 Ducati. Even the Italians where impressed to see the (then) new and exotic ride.

Incuding a short jog over to France to watch part of the Tour de France, I put in about 6,000 miles.

I got a kick, when getting back to California, all Motorcycle mags reported that "you couldn't ride more than a few miles on this torure rack"

I enjoyed the trip so much I did a revised version a couple of years later.

I can honestly say that this was a highlight of my humbrum, worker bee, modern American life.

If you think this trip sounds like a good idea-don't think twice-just go for it-you be glad you did.

Eric S. aka fastduc aka just another old geezer.
estenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 AM   #37
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Yes, but sadly the U.S. mountain ranges are filled with U.S. drivers...
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #38
rhust
Founding Member

Tease.

Thanks for something to watch other than spreadsheets while at work!
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote