Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #61
jjasper
Founding Member

Default Re: OK, I'll go over this ONE MORE TIME

Pickup truck may be a fierce market, but it is for power and towing capacity for the most part and now massive cabs.

My brother-in-law own's probably one of the more high-tech and refined SUV's, a Porsche Cayenne S. The thing hauls ass for a huge lug, but it also gets like 13mpg. My wife and I do our car driving in my wife's mini even though the Porsche sits at our house 80% of the year because, it is tons more fun, handles 100 times better, is 100 times more practical for the average joe, is easy to park, better visibility while driving, gets tons better gas milage, and gets more looks and praise than the Cayenne. Sorry but 30mpg, please, cars and trucks should be making a lot more than that already. But that is why I ride a bike for most of my driving duties (I don't own a car), my little F650 averages 60mpg and if one were to go slow enough I hear many people saying they get up to 80mpg cruising at 55MPH. SUV's are a huge waste of resources, gas, metal, pollution, etc for a market that VERY people few actually need them. A sedan holds just as many people and gets much better gas milage and most the people I see driving these massive SUVs around are single drivers, middle to upper class suburbanites. Those who would actually benefit from such a vehicle I usually see driving more purpose built trucks.

I for one am sick and tired of almost getting creamed by SUVs with their poor visibility when I am on my bike. Only in the US do we feel we NEED to drive these huge monsters of waste around. I am not an environmentalist, democrat, or whatever you want to call me, I am just someone who is sick of watching this market get wrung for such waste.
jjasper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2005, 09:12 AM   #62
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2005 Honda VTX 1800 F

Kind of like the first Dodge Vipers. Sounded like a UPS truck.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #63
bboule
Founding Member

Default Re: He can't even call it a Jap bike

Who cares, it's still slow just like the H-D.

Let's not for a moment think these ridiculously huge bikes are about going fast when you can go buy a bike with 1/3 the engine for 1/3 the price which will leave it for dead.

I guess since the engine is larger displacement than any H-D that is what you're paying extra for?

As an aside, if you ride this bike is your small penis compensation factor 42% greater than the guy on the H-D? Or 62% greater? Or is 42% or 62% less since a Honda still has less prestige than a Harley at any price or performance level?
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #64
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: 7 H-D's you can buy for less

I think gym is a less laborous option than a showelhead.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #65
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

How would you know?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #66
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I agree, it's a beautiful bike. I heard they handle nice too....for a cruiser...and it has the HD name on it (for the poser factor and resell value).
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: He can't even call it a Jap bike

It's still perception. Aquiring a motorcycle is a completely subjective experience. I know lots of people like to convince themselves that their particular purchase is innately and objectively superior to someone else's, but sorry, it just ain't so. If you are happy with your bike purchase then it was the right one. Nobody else's opinion matters one whit.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #68
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I see that Dodge has forgotten about that, as they have gone back to that horrible sounding lake pipe configuration on the upcoming Viper Coupe. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #69
12er
Founding Member

have a seat on the Rocket III, its pretty close to what you describe.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #70
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: VTX Dragracers

The funniest thing was watching a coworker eat anything for lunch, stop light to stop light on his pimped 50cc Aprilia Scooter.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote