Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #61
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 BMW R 1200 ST and RT

They don't exist, because the bikes have not been released to press fleets yet.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2005, 06:28 AM   #62
RonXX
Founding Member

In a time when a 500 ft^2 condo sells for $300K+, I suppose these prices seem reasonable for motorbikes. I however, did not win the 72 million dollar lottery despite my best efforts, so I'm precluded from entering the high-society group of Beemer owners. Perhaps if I stop masturbating long enough, I'll manage to have a wet dream about the RT.

Good reviews though; I especially like the scoop factor and the good use of video.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #63
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: R/K/ST/RT=Alphabet Suppe

Alles klar Herr Professor. Vielen Dank !

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #64
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Now you've gone and made the B12 guys wince. Those are great bikes and the bug-fogger option is no longer available!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #65
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

The photos don't do the RT justice. In person, the RT is quite handsome.

Besides, its dynamic improvements are such that even if it was ugly like the ST, it'd still be far more desireable than the old 1150s in my eyes. -Sean
Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #66
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

BMW Motorcycles have been on my "Radar" for awhile now, lately. They seem like a company that is trying to reach out to new segments (other than financial) while still keeping the good parts that make them unique. When I rode the K1200GT I thought it was maybe the most "Roadworthy" feeling motorcycle I have ever riden. It would be my "stock" Iron Butt choice hands down and high on the "quick! you can only have one bike for the next five years" voting. If not for the linked brakes it might have become irresistable to me. If they made one with an ABS/linked brakes disconnect (hopefully switch controlled) I'd think about trying to find a way to get one. I might need to take a hard look at the K1200R when they show up as well.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #67
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Sean,

Another great review on what sounds like a great bike. One question though: How was the EFI's throttle response, especially off/on throttle? If I remember correctly, some previous Beemers have had less than stellar throttle behavior. Thanks a lot and keep the great articles coming. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #68
Ian_Leadley
Registered Member

I am disappointed that the mirrors have evidently been compromised. Its a shame to have an expensive touring bike that hasn't got excellent rear view mirror vision. BMW really dropped the ball if that is the case.
Ian_Leadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #69
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

The mirrors are just "ok" The problem is that BMW claimed they were a new design that delivers "perfect" rear vision. They aren't any worse than a sport bike's mirrors, but the traditional stalk-mounted mirrors on the ST are more effective than the "perfect" handguard mirrors on the RT. -Sean
Old 04-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #70
sarnali
Founding Member

It's undoubtably a better bike from an engineering and performance outlook, but the mid to late 80's airheads had the same mechanical funkiness that harleys have.

An intangible "something" that just hit a nerve for me which the short-lived '02 R1150RT I had didn't. Different strokes I guess..
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote