Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #81
ba6r0ty
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard=BAD review!

also, the the m50 is not just a name change of the marauder...it's an entirely different bike...it's closer to the volusia/c50 that to the older marauder.
ba6r0ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #82
michaellovett
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard

Are cruisers really inherently *horrible* machines? That seems to me as idiotic attitude as "All family cars are useless" (i.e., because they are not the best of breed)

For what it's worth, this is my second Suzuki in two seasons, (having started with an S40 as my first bike last year) and I'm very happy with my new M50.

I think lots of people on here are missing an important point; it's all relative to your experiences, preferences and riding history. There are no really *bad* bikes out there IMHO; just different bikes for different folks.

When I started riding last year one of the most recommended bikes for a beginner was the Suzuki Savage 650, which had already been renamed the S40.

So, I get the S40 "cruiser" styled bike, and that's what I learn and come to know about motorcyles.

I didn't know anything different and the bike felt fine to me and I had a good time on it. (I whole-heartedly recommend that bike to any beginner)

This year, I upgraded to the M50, which some might suggest is also not a very good bike.

But when I got the new bike and rode it out of the dealership for the first time, I was grinning ear to ear and felt like I was riding the most exciting thing on two wheels.

I wasn't thinking "Geeze, what a piece of ***** because it's not an HD, or because it doesn't have the newest braking technology". I was thinking "Wow! What a cool step up from the bike I just had", and "Boy am I going to have a blast on this!"

I still smile when I see my red M50 in the garage in the morning and I still look forward to riding it everywhere I can. I get compliments on it all the time and wouldn't trade it for a truckload of HD products.

I love my bike and I love riding it. At the end of the day, how can there be anything wrong with that?

michaellovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:17 AM   #83
aarghiisfrowny
Founding Member

Amen to that, michaellovett!

My M50 Black is my first bike ever and I love it. I looked at all the sites when I decided to finally get one, and that bike was the only one to make me do a double-take. Instant feeling of "that's my bike", so I grabbed it as soon as it showed up at the dealership (couldn't even test ride it - no experience) and have been enjoying the hell out of it ever since.
aarghiisfrowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #84
955tri
Founding Member

Those 3-spoke wheels are just SO UGLY!
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote