Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #51
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: Not again

Your buttons are very easily pushed. I don't want to make any assumptions about who you are as a person as you have done about me, but you force me:

1. you are actually a little dumb, but that thought never occurred to you

2. you are large and haughty (not in a good way)

3. you have no understanding of professionalism

4. you grew up in a double-wide

5. you are a false patriot (i.e. you MUST ride a Harley, but your shoes are made in Indonesia by children)

6. you are what I like to refer to as a 'mouth-breather'

7. this list has pissed you off

Have fun with your ignorance, swine.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2005, 06:52 PM   #52
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Oy!

I looked in the Random House dictionary and couldn't find it, so I went online! Big mistake! I found a bunch of websites who spelled it "semolians", so I went with that. Sloppy! where's my 1930's slang dictionary when I need it!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #53
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard

I guess I'm in the 'NO COMPRENDE' group when it comes to cruisers, but that's beside the point. I would question the advisability of letting the whle world see that whole hand fed cheese nip dyno thing though.......
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 PM   #54
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Oy!

I just had that, you know, feeling that it wasn't right, but then forgot all about it until the (latest, predictible) spellin' fracas cropped up. I checked m-w.com and dictionary.com.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 AM   #55
anrajala
Founding Member

The 650 Yammie is super easy to ride. Due to inherent qualities of a cruiser (low end torque, low center of gravity, low seat height) I would strongly recommend it to a newbie. It also looks good & big so you don´t look like a complete nincompoop riding it (like EX500 riders). In fact I only recognize it from 1100 by the rear drum brake (also was it that 1100 had 2 discs at the front?). And what´s more important it does not ride and feel like an oversize lawnmover (like EX500). But at the end of the day a torque tuned 650 V-2 is only what it can be i.e. POS.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:20 AM   #56
SRMark
Founding Member

attaboy longride! ( Just add an apostrophe and an e). I find it easy to edit other's work but can't edit my own.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:31 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You use your tongue prettier than a 2 dollar *****.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:48 AM   #58
sv1000rider
Founding Member

I don't "get" cruisers either. They look "okay", but the performance/price ratio is what really sours me on the whole lot of them. Put a GSXR-1000 engine or at least the TL1000S/SV1000/VStrom1000 engine in a cruiser Suzuki! Is that really too much to ask?
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:59 AM   #59
pdad13
Founding Member

I agree about the low seat height and low center of gravity, but that only gets you so far if the bike weighs 600 lbs.+ and the rider is a 5', 100 lbs. I also think that a bike that's too torquey can get a beginner, especially a physically small beginner, in trouble fast. But I'm sure a 650 V-twin isn't making a whole boatload, anyway. I guess the Yammie isn't all that heavy, either?

My problems with cruisers, especially new and inexperienced riders on cruisers, is the wheelbase and weight. It's easy for newbies to overcook a turn, not lean the bike enough, or panic and stand it up, run wide and meet a very immobile object violently. It happened a couple of times around here last year (Inexperienced riders who just had to have big cruisers--and these were men in their 40s.)

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:02 AM   #60
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default By the way

You had a dangling participle or two in the story. Please refrain from leaving these unchecked, or I will be forced to do a RonXX on your ass! By the way, good job so far. Your stuff is entertaining and well written. Hang in there.