Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #41
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: OK, I really don't get it...

$6.5k buys you a Sp4, which whips them all like Jane Weidlin on the Surreal Life. Or cream on Jenna Jameson's...nevermind...Plus it sez Triumph on it.

Find a leftover Bonnie and be done with it.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #42
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard

Whooeee Amos! That bike is but-ugly. Rear end looks like something off a '59 DeSoto.

All it needs now are some stick on white-walls and rawhide handgrip streamers for the complete tasteless squid package.

Good job Gabe. What they got you lined up with next? Maybe an 883? One can only hope...

Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #43
rhust
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Suzuki M50 Boulevard

$6.5k will buy more bike than this. Hope for dealer discounts. And yes, question the drum brake, who cares if it locks up the rear wheel - the whole idea of stopping fast is to NOT lock it up, but modulate it. Get a Shadow or, heck, even a Bonnie (which has more class AND character without the excuses). Next...
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #44
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

So you recomend that those in the market for an entry lever cruiser, should consider the Speed Four and/or Bonnie? Do you also recomend that dogs sleep with cats and politicians start telling the truth?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #45
fizzchem
Founding Member

It was in response to the person who recommended the DL650, which last I checked wasn't a cruiser, although it does sport a v-twin.

Do I detect hostility towards the Sp4? But then again, y'all picked the 599 and the DL650 over the Sp4, because apparently you're afraid of power and superb handling in a naked bike.

You wouldn't say that the Bonnie isn't the very definition of an entry level cruiser?

*****, you're own magazine *really* liked it:

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mctriumph/02america.motml

R.I.F.

fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #46
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I made no comment to as to the quality or performance of the SP4 or Bonnie.... just that neither are even remotely like the M50 and that a person who wants a "cruiser" isn't going to care for a SP4. Now that you mention it, yes, of course the DL650 is apples to oranges as well.

If you think I'm afraid of the Speed Four's "power and superb handling" then you obviously haven't been reading my stuff. -Sean
Old 03-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #47
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Not again

I really hate to do this:

-"The bike's centre of gravity feels..." --Since MO is now a British moto-rag, do I need to pay 8 dollars per story?

-"...is indeed lot of fun around town."--Perhaps you meant "a lot" or "lots".

Am I the only one who actually reads these articles? Go ahead Longride, tell me how jealous I am.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #48
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Not again

Nah, now your just an *******.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #49
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I saw you quivering during the middleweight shootout. I didn't tell anyone, but I saw you.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #50
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Not again

I'm surprised the spelling Nazi here missed the misspelling of "simoleons". I mean, it was three letters off. Of course, BFD - very good article, Gabe.

By the way, I was flipping through Cycle World at the airport last week, and found a couple of misspelled words. OMFG what a low-rent publication that is!!11!!one
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote