Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Re: 5 Years With An Aerostich

I got my Stich 3 yrs aga. The only regret I have was not purchasing one sooner.

How much was the T Pro armor? is it CE? I would be interested in more info on it.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
kowalke67
Founding Member

Now that is a real world product review. Not a bunch of "seems like it would hold up in a crash" or "I didn't get to test it in the rain but I did stand in the shower for 30 seconds and it seems like it would hold out the water". Great that you pointed out the flaws you've encountered over the months and the conditions that you've ridden in it. Very nice!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Great real world review Gabe. This is the kind of stuff I look for, but seldom receive from the print rags. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Vlad
Registered Member

Gabe:

Thanks for not using "Living with . . . ." That was my headline for the VFR review, and Sean seems to have taken possession of it.

Excellent review of the 'Stitch. I have one of those puppies too, and my only real complaint is that I didn't get one sooner. Well written, by the way. Next time go for the fashionable HiViz Yellow.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
Somnus
Founding Member

I'd like to read a similar review of Motoport's gear and customer service, then compare and contrast. I'd want the Kevlar Ultra II jacket + Kevlar Ultra pants + waterproof liners.

If I'm going to be shelling out $700, I don't want a wet crotch or to be soaked with sweat. The flipside, as the author mentions, is the ease of robing and disrobing.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Pgbexr
Registered Member

Does that thing smell as bad as it looks?
Pgbexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
12er
Founding Member

I got 5 years and 30k on mine with 0 complaints. ItÂ’s dirty and turning a lighter shade of red but all the zippers and seams are still tip top. I'm also one of the lucky 50% or so that doesnÂ’t suffer from "Aerostich Crotch." Guess I just fill it out more so there is no room for the water to pool. All joking aside most wet crotch sufferers that IÂ’ve spoken to "fixed" the problem by making sure to tuck the crotch (of the suit, not their junk, I assume) on rainy days to where there is no place for the water to pool and subsequently leak through the zipper. From what IÂ’ve heard on the 2 piece roadcrafters wet crotch is a non issue. The price you pay for convenience I guess.

On hot days leaving the sleeves loose and over your gloves gives a great ram air swamp cooling effect. Lifting up your elbows like doing the chicken dance now and then opens the pit vents a little wider and will cool all the way down to your waist.

Ironically I also purchased a Kilimanjaro prior to my stich. The stich is much cooler in the summer due to the stiffer cuffs allowing much more air up the sleeves. The pit vents catch much more air than the totally inadequate chest vents on the First Gear. Well when behind a faring, the chest vents may work well on a naked bike but I wouldnÂ’t know. I did crash test the Kilimanjaro albeit off the bike. I was walking across the street after parking my bike and got scooped up by a red light runner and sent sliding across 3 lanes. I got up rather angry but for the most part unscathed, my helmet was a different story since it was in my hand at the time. Other than being sore and bruised the next few days I didnÂ’t have a scratch, nor did the jacket.

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Gee Mrs. Motoport, could you be any more obvious?

Thanks for the easy link to your website! I'm sure Mr. Motoport will be proud.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default 3 Years With An Aerostich

Got 3 years and only a few miles with mine.

Love it when it rains and when its cool which is not much of the year here.

Other wise hard to put on compared to jeans and a jacket, and the high vis yellow gets dirty fast.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #10
Gabe
Registered Member

Default T-Pro

I purchased my T-Pro armor at Johnson Leathers in San Francisco. I don't know where else to get it. It's about $30 per piece, I don't know how much the back protector is. Check out Johnson's T-Pro Page. It exceeds the CE standard by a very wide margin.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote