Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-28-2005, 02:00 AM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Did you do something?

Gabe, did you steal his woman or have sex with his dog? Ron seems to have a stiffie for you, and not in a good way. I think he's jealous as all hell, in a jilted school girl kind of way. Since the other moron left, I guess we needed someone to fill the void. Keep up the good work.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2005, 02:29 AM   #52
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: 5 Years With An Aerostich

That's a fantastic gear review for a piece of equipment a lot of riders consider buying at one point or another.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:39 AM   #53
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Proposal

My favorite was a project submission to a city plan review board. It included a legal description of the property that had it located off of "STATE TOAD 84"

I was worried that it might hop away before the construction started.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #54
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Proposal

I had written a proposal one time discussing "State statutes" and my brilliant office assistant changed it to "state statues."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:53 AM   #55
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Use?

So Billy Ray Cyrus wears a 'stich?

"Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart........"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:57 AM   #56
ShadowFax
Registered Member

Good article.

I've had my 'stich (Black, Blue shoulder and elbow) 6 years and 60,000 miles. Snow, Sleet and Sturgis (104deg on a Buell).

I've only replaced 2 zipper pulls.

It leaked in several places when I first got it, but since going over the zippers with seamsealer and then using ScotchGuard I haven't had a drop get in regardless of the weather.

In hot weather (like Sturgis in '01 - 104deg in the shade) wear biker shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. You're fine as long as you don't stop too long.

I went down doing 60MPH in 2000 - cost $200 to get the seat, knee and elbow fixed. Not a scratch on me tho. Also no color difference noticed in new panels.

2 months ago I sent it back for a new collar, reflective panels etc ($150 and now it looks almost brand new) and while they were at it they replaced all the zippers for free. Nice people.

As mentioned in the article, the original armor was starting to look pretty shabby so I replaced it with the TF2 hard shell stuff (additional $70).

I'm now saving my money to buy one for my wife as she's started to ride more and see the obvious quality difference over her JR Ballistics gear.

ShadowFax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:32 AM   #57
Kenneth_Springhetti
Founding Member

Had my stitch for 4 years now... almost 5..

Love it.. Its everything a motorcycle suit should be.

5 years later, at LEAST 40,000 miles, lots of them in the rain, the Aero still is in great condition..

-Ken
Kenneth_Springhetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:51 AM   #58
johnnyb
Founding Member

Doesn't "decline of MO" imply that it was good at one time? MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaa...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #59
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Violins on the street

Did you also have to remove white out(tm) from the monitor?
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:23 AM   #60
mconlon
Founding Member

I've had my Roadcrafter 1pc suit for 7 years and about 60k mi now. Hi-viz Yellow with black panels. Only problem I had with the zippers was the pulls--broke the leg pull and one of the wrist pulls. But the zippers themselves work great. Only other issue I had was a blown out internal seam right at my waist... when my waist was expanding a bit... The suit was useless by itself in a torrential downpour but works very well in light to moderate rain. I still carry and wear a rain suit for days when I know I will be spending hours in the rain. 'Stitch Crotch can be an issue, but it seems to really depend on the kind of bike you ride: nekkid Hawk, 'stitch crotch; nekkid SV, stitch crotch; VFR, dry as can be; nekkid Monster, no problem; Hawk w/ Givi screen, no problem. Around town, ease of use means I wear full protection all the time. On tour, it is truly versatile enough to be almost the only thing you need. I crash tested the suit a couple of times, most notably at about 50mph when the front brake on my bike locked up and highsided. The suit was a bit beat up, but everything covered with it was basically fine. $300 and it was fixed by the factory, but they wouldn't do a "harlequin" thing with the repair, using different colored panels for all the replaced parts. Dang. Still, looks *****in' with black ballistics up top and red knee/leg ballistics. The Hi-viz does get really dirty looking really quick, and the replacement panels only show this off more. If it had been totalled, I would have bought the Darien 2-pc setup as a replacement in a heartbeat. For comparison, I was touring with some friends on a rainy day once. They had identical (older non-current style) CorTech two-piece suits. One didn't even waste his time and immediately put on a rainsuit, the other didn't and was soaked in short order. I stayed pretty dry in just the Roadcrafter.
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote