Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #21
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: 5 Years With An Aerostich

I purchased a Hi-Viz yellow Roadcrafter last October. I commute every day about 20 minutes one way down I-5 in San Diego. The suit has leaked at the crotch, but if I pull it away from my body that keeps the water from pooling up down there. I really wanted it for the easy in/out and the visibility; I haven't been hit yet so I think it's working. I do get laughed at daily for wearing it, but cagers could never understand.

On a side note, I finished the install of the Ivan's jet kit on my 2002 FZ1 today. What a nice running bike it is now. Smoother than before with better power at all rpm. I'll test it out on Palomar tomorrow.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #22
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Cool vs Not Cool

Yes.... I ride in jeans because I like them. I certainly wouldn't accuse an Aerostich of not being "cool" because it doesn't look "fashionable" looking fashionable or overtly trying to look "cool" is just lame, imho.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
ebass
Founding Member

Ohhhhh... so when you wear virtually non-protective jeans instead of proper equipment, its Ok because you "like them". But when I wear my novelty helmet, flip-flops, arm chaps and thong with the stuffed elephant head on the front to press intros, all I hear about from your yap is how I'm a "poseur".

What a hypocrite!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well because of you I went and changed my phony email to something more appropriate.

The next time I see you, you better be driving a Pontiac Aztek.

And you don't have any HUMBLE opinions!

Happy Easter
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I was waiting for you to chime in.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #26
mikenomad
Founding Member

Maybe he had the extra-cost exploding version.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #27
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Aerostich has you covered on the heat front. Just add their Evap-o-Danna. Sure, your shirt gets wet, but it's amazing how much cooler this thing makes you. Doesn't help much when you're stopped, of course, unlike the ice-in-the-front-pockets trick somebody mentioned. But then, water is cheaper and easier to find than ice. If I'm on a ride that I know will get hot later, I'll soak my Evap-o-Danna and stick it in a Zip-Loc in my tank bag, so it's already wet and ready when I need it and I don't have to hunt for a source of water.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #28
pattonme
Founding Member

Default I tried the Roadcrafter and then went back to my JR

The Roadcrafter SUCKS. I tried 3 and tossed each one. And I've been round and round with Andy about some of the STUIPD design decisions he made. He refuses to make the alterations I wanted since they were non-standard even if I was willing to pay. I ride in every weather pattern in Northern VA and now Chicago. Leaking crotch is flat out INEXCUSABLE. What's nuts is the downmarket product line is actually designed to be waterproof.

The JR ballistic v2 and v3 jackets leak like a sieve in the shoulder vents but the Drytech liner ($79) takes care of that handily. My JR Ballistic v3 pants (been using them since v1) almost never leak. If I ride in a steady thunderstorm downpour for 30min to 1hr I can sometimes get a small leak at the knees.

For less than $100 I replace all the junk armor with CE hard-outer racing armor. I test my gear too. Just 2 weeks ago my bike swapped ends going 60mph hitting ice while riding in the snow in the middle of I-94 and all I got was a 2" rip on the knee armor pocket. Not even so much as a bruise. I've crashed at 90mph onto some of the nastiest concrete and the gear did all it could do. I didn't escape a hospital visit on that one but the wounds were fairly minor except on the one arm which lost it's armor pocket on first contact. None of the other seams let go and I sure didn't lose any butt-swatches. I only buy jackets with inboard armor pockets now.

And with JR's marvelous customer service I have not one iota of interest in wasting my money on a 'stich.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:23 PM   #29
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Best Riding Product Review I have seen ever. Thanks Gabe. However, for that amount of money I guess I would expect the zippers to be better. In addition, the whole wet crotch thing seems to a problem faced with more than just a few customers. I had a Helly Hansen ski one piece suit that was awesome had great zippers, water proof I think ( I never had problem ) and could be worn for warm spring skiing. I wish I had a riding suit that was like that. Right now I have a JR Ballistic with Ballistic pants. It works fine for me but I don't commute on my bike so I can't speak about extreme weather conditions.. The Stich seems like such a great concept too bad they can't learn from HH or someone about zippers etc. Thanks again Gabe....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #30
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I echo your comments about JR Ballasitc. I agree with you about the Aerostich, you point out some serious flaws for an $800 piece of equipment.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote