Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
Chango
Founding Member

Default Penguins and the 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a penguin the same again.

"Remember: It's always easier to do things the hard way. -- Chango

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Hey, just the thing to replace my '81 KZ750 with.

Wow, thanks Kawasaki! Progress takes a giant lurch sideways again.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
Chango
Founding Member

Default Re: Penguins and the 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to jump up and down and run in little circles and giggle like a prepubescent schoolgirl just because my day is so astoundingly slow? Is this where I squeal like a little piggie full of glee because I read faster than someone else? Should I go ahead and pee all over myself with pure, unmitigated happiness because I got the first post? Or am I just being a smarty-pants?

"Remember: It's always easier to do things the hard way" -- Chango
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
tomk2
Founding Member

By amazing coincidence I tossed a leg over one of these things over lunchtime today. Much like the SV-650 I really couldn't find much wrong with the bike, except that like the SV-650 it just seems kinda cheaply made, a real entry level/economy bike.

I know that the manufacturer has to keep costs down to hit their price point & everything and maybe I'm spoiled from looking at Moto Guzzis and Buell XBs all the time but I guess I want my bike to be a piece of art. I've already got a Honda Civic, I don't want a two wheel version of the same.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
pplassm
Founding Member

OK. Who gave this guy his nickname? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
django9270
Registered Member

Nice bit of writing. Sorry about the nickname.

I agree with the person who said," I already own a Civic." Sensible does not have to be boring, hell even the "old" CB750 had more sex appeal. 7k? WTF? 'Course they will sell none of these things and conclude that the US consumer doesn't want a standard-type bike..too bad.
django9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
rapier
Founding Member

All I want is the last ZX9 with similar ergos. At least the seat/peg relationship.

I was in heaven when I got my first Jap bike, the 1980 750, which they somehow made the last few years with the Z7. Being a wuss I had to hang a Slipsreamer on it. I doubt it had 60rwhp.

I think I am going to make my own sport touring ZX9. Anyone have any ideas about moving the pegs forward and down?

When gas hits $3, then $4 then $5 there is going to be a new market for standards is my guess. Enough I bet for Kawi to perhaps make a few bucks on this thing.

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

The Euro version looks like a switchblade on wheels.

This version looks like a bike you'd ride to the store for an egg-salad sandwich and a grape Nehi.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That egg-salad sandwich and grape Nehi sounds like a gas. Burrrp.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:36 PM   #10
johnnyb
Founding Member

NICE WORK GABE. SEEMS LIKE MY KIND O BIKE BUT HOW'S IT LOOK WHEN YOU RIP OFF THE HIDEOUS FAIRING? WHO CAME UP WITH THAT? WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE EURO VERSION? EVERY TIME SOMEBODY WANTS TO SLAM FRANCE I WILL POINT THEM AT THAT UGLY ASS FAIRING. HOW MANY SHORT PEOPLE CAN CONGREGATE AT THE FRONT OF THE SEAT AT ONCE?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote