Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #81
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Cripes!

The weight differential is the reason I think this 750 would make a better urban streetbike. In real world terms there wouldn't be much difference in raw performance between the two (Bandit1200 and Z750), I'd bet. 1200 Bandits are a bit on the porky side for street use IMHO.

And, lest we forget, 750s have plenty of power for one-up long distance touring as well.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2005, 08:20 AM   #82
Stonedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks Kawasaki

What ccd3 said!

There is a market consisting of normal people somewhere between the power ranger repli-racers and geezer-cruisers. The middle weight standards address this market quite nicely.

However, the SV-650 is just a bargain basement bike wrapped around a sweet engine. The FZ6 apparently has buzzy engine and crappy FI. The 599 would be nice if it was cheaper or had FI. The DL650 is, well, monkey-butt ugly. The bigger bikes (Bandit 1200) are low-tech or too intimidating (Z1000) to newer riders.

This new bike from Kawi will sell as well as the rest of the new middle-weights. It has more power than the others, better FI than most, and a slightly better look (yeah, ok, that's subjective).

Thanks for taking a chance Kawasaki!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #83
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

What's this thing weigh? MO, can't you get access to a scale? I'm as interesting in weight as hp and torque.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 AM   #84
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Much Power?

Direct link to MotoUSA article

Better yet, check out MO's own past reviews by looking up any bike you like in our BIKES section. -Sean
Old 03-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #85
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Cripes!

Uh, something like this Middleweight Standards Shootout which we did last year? -Sean
Old 03-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #86
ddlewis
Registered Member

I've bought many used bikes over the years and have only had one problem. You almost always come out better used, IMO.

Just use your head, look it over carefully watch out for 'bling-bling' mods, air shifters, stretched swingarms, etc. Size up the owner and see what kind of records he kept - that says a lot right there. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used bike. But not off ebay(again).. you have to check it out in person.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:44 AM   #87
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

More than a Derbi 50, about the same as other middleweight standards, and much less than a Goldwing. -Sean
Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #88
pdad13
Founding Member

If you can find a well-maintained used bike, they're always a good buy. But new leftovers can sometimes be even better.

For instance: Brand new '02 Daytona 955i, IMO better looking than the '04'/05 and mechanically identical except for the functionally superior and lighter twin-sided swingarm (not that I'll know the difference), zero miles on the clock, two year factory warrantee.

All for well under $7K including set-up and freight.

I couldn't refuse. Weather permitting, I pick it up this Saturday.

Ask me if I care that it's an '02. Dare you.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #89
anrajala
Founding Member

Whooa. If the Moto Guzzi boys would love their bikes half as much as the Kawi guys do, they would design and build a new model from scratch. They would not be satisified by flogging year after year the same old and tired V11s, soo totally outclassed by everyone and his dog.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #90
pdad13
Founding Member

Since when did 100 hp become boring? If you can pick this bike up for a couple of hundred bucks under MSRP, it seems like a pretty good deal.

We could use more bikes like this, albeit, without the vanilla-flavored makeover. The Euro version is sweet, and better looking than the Z1000 in my humble opinion. The U.S. version seems a bit frumpy by comparison, but I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote