Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #121
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Hey I took delivery last night and road to work in the 29 degree weather. I want to get those first 1000 on as quickly as possible!
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2005, 03:33 AM   #122
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: I knew that.......

Yea why not every year. I going to read about a 1000 and 600 supersport shoot out every year might as well throw in the other bikes every year too.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:36 AM   #123
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks Kawasaki

I really wanted one, but it is just too tall for me. I know there are adjustments and aftermarket fixes, but I like a bike to work well for me right out of the showroom...
Old 03-17-2005, 04:02 AM   #124
tumbler
Founding Member

Okay, I took delivery of my z750s last night and I have 10 miles on it so here are my impressions so far:

Everything Gabe said is true, but I cannot attest to any engine critiques above 4k. It feels light once moving, even compared to the yzf600r I traded in. The brakes do work, but they FEEL like wood blocks. It has dual trip meters, clock, analog gauges (Personaly I hate digital), and a fuel gauge. The seating position is exactly how Gabe described, upright with just a little of a forward cant. Seat sucks, hard as a board. 3-4k rpms does not bog the engine. Speaking of the engine, in the lower rpms, which is all that i can speak about, it sounds like the Jetsons car. I hope when I can start opening it up that sound turns into a growl!

Let's see what else. The is only one bungee hook and only one helmet lock. If you do your own mantience everything is right where you can get at it. The seat is a pain to take off and put back on. I haven't noticed as much play in the handle bars as Gabe described, but he was riding much more aggressively than I have had a chance to. That's about all I can say at this point. I am looking forward to the ride down to deal's this summer much more on this bike than my yzf, for sure. I'll offer once more to Longride if you want to meet in Fort Wayne and head on down with us. Or anyone else interested.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #125
RonXX
Founding Member

I can really see how Kpaul liked pissing people off. It's actually kind of fun to say something and get a quasi-angry response. Maybe I'll continue with this action to replace Kpaul, but without the political BS. How's that sound?
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 AM   #126
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Well...not really.

That shootout promised a subsequent comparison against the SV650. Unfortunately, that promise has yet to be fulfilled. I guess it takes more than a year to do that test. Well itÂ’s OK; it doesnÂ’t look as if anyone is interested to see that anyway. NOT!!!!! (laughter intermingled with snorting).
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 AM   #127
jlegrant_zr7s
Founding Member

I have a 2001 ZR7-s hence the name and I can tell you even though it lakes some of the new 750's HP it is a blast to ride and looks alot better. If my bike had the hp of its latest incarnation, I would not have to think about upgrading my ZR7 to an FJR1300 (begining of next year).
jlegrant_zr7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #128
KLRer
Founding Member

Some sportbike people remind me of my teenage buddies back in Minnesota in the 60s--they all wore wingtip hard leather soled shoes even in when it was 30 below zero and you couldnt walk a block without falling on your arse. Wingtips were cool you see. A fad fit for the ultimate conformists--teenage kids.

The guy with the milkcrate strapped on the back of his standard or trailie just might be having more fun and adventure than many a cool dude on a crotch rocket.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #129
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Much Power?

Don't get too hung up on top end power. That is exactly what those high horsepower numbers are. But, down in the rev range you get power equivalent to displacement. That means that you can putt along at a comfortable speed without getting into a trouble on a very fast bike. And power delivery on modern bikes is very linear for the most part. What the Manufacturer's have done is boost high rpm power and what happens is that as you accelerate the power just keeps pulling the bike harder. There is even a slight step increase in power often around 8 to 10K rpm when the motor really pulls. But, you don't have to pull the throttle hard up through that range - only if you want to. The bike won't suddenly take off on you.

Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you have to shoot yourself in the head.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #130
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

When ya leaving?