Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 AM   #11
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default NICE JOB

Nice piece to all of you and the same for the words; great wordsmithing. MR ALLCAPS is a nice addition to Mo, though it's gotta be boring back at TANK 6.

Now I know that Fonzie is responsible for MO's uncluttered layout and lack of WhizzBang website waste. Less is more, Hooray! Those of us with ADD salute you.

Far as the actual numbers and results go, what do I know; every one of these bikes is better than me. But it was still odd that the GSXR was rated more comfortable than the Honda...Wow, how'd that happen?

Anyway, next summer will probably see me tooling around on my Rat VFR, looking for a suitably recked SV 650 to take to the track, "a man's gotta know his limitations." (thanks Clint).

But, slide-rule and personal preferances aside, they all look like awesome bikes. Now the only problem for most MOs will be, figuring out what to b!tch about.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 AM   #12
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Middleweight Supersport Shootout

I've got a a better plan. Let's do a *first* gear roll-on at 30MPH (I think a Sportster can manage 30 or so in first...).

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 AM   #13
Bradl3y
Founding Member

I can't read the first part of the article either, looks good, but can't tell for sure!
Bradl3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 AM   #14
christian_gates
Founding Member

The only thing I noticed missing from that review was the relative suitability of each bike for thuggery - classic squidly stupidity.

For example, which bike can best handle a poor wheelie landing? Which is best for doing an awesome standup through a school zone?

Which would Rossi feel most comfortable standing up on after winning a race?

The public wants to know!

cdg

christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:00 AM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Isn't it just the ultimate irony that this test comes online the day after KPail rides off into the sunset (never exceeding 9000 rpm of course)?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:48 AM   #16
v4bryan
Registered Member

Really...how intrigueing to find out that I've been riding improperly all my life; paying attention, and staying in the power band (unless I'm on the highway).

Bryan...I didn't know we were supposed to ride like BDCers...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:48 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

You forgot the ever popular "Looks Best with Rider Wearing Only Ballcap, Shorts and Flip-Flops and Dimwitted Girlfriend Passenger in only a Bikini" category. Although it's a bit early in the season for that. Last weekend it was "Ballcap, Armoured Jacket, Levis and Tennis Shoe" category.

Personally, I'd have to give the win to the Kawikaze simply because the main purpose of these things is to race on a track and the Kwacker posted the single fastest time. There are so many better choices for streetbikes that, while still good reading and I do appreciate all the work that went into this comparo, the streetability of these bikes is of little importance to me. Hooligan bikes are the preferred street weapon.

Though, when my ship rolls in, one of these in the garage for the occasional squirt up/down the canyons might be just the ticket.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:49 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Whaddya mean "sunset"? I've been getting his unhinged emails every day.

I've had that account a long time. Maybe it's time to change.....
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Save 'em for the Alcan ride. They will make good reading over drinks at the end of the day.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:31 AM   #20
waepoint
Founding Member

It's interesting how the manufacturers have gone nearly 180 degrees from 10 years ago. As I recall, the Honda Fx was always the trusty all-rounder and the GSX-R was the torture rack on the street. Now we have a CBR that is completely track oriented and a Suzuki that can be used as a commuter. White is black! Up is down! What's next, a Kawasaki with a tame motor?
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote