Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-04-2005, 06:17 AM   #151
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Middleweight Supersport Shootout

i liked that 599 honda better than 919 i think. r they discounting them or what? were kind o expensive...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #152
kowalke67
Founding Member

If your looking for a sport bike but want to do lots of street duty don't overlook the Daytona 650 or a 955i. There are some sweeet deals out there on 955i's.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #153
pdad13
Founding Member

I just bought a leftover 955i. Got an unreal deal. Just waiting for winter to surrender, then I'm picking it up. More on this later.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #154
DesertwolfZR7
Founding Member

Dude,

How long you been riding motorcycles? Or are you just another yippe dot commer who believes whatever propoganda that you HD salseman told you to make you feel good about dropping 10K on a sportster. Saw you coming a mile away......

Not to knock HD's, I think they are beautifull machines, My only problem with them is some of the ignorant dudes who buy them (i.e. look in mirror) don't get what motorcycling is about. I can almost bet you have a WCC or OCC sticker somewhere on your gear. Probably made the trek to sturgis and daytona all the way in your SUV with Hog in trailer.....

I ride a Rice bike , and rode With Harley guys as well. If you talk to any old harley rider, they can tell you about thier first CB 400 or Kawi H2 or earlier foriegn bike. Saw a guy in Mission Beach with a Custom Harley that took him 6 years to put together, and what was he doing that Sunday afternoon? Not in Strbucks, but in a bar watching a Moto GP event.

I know I am ranting, but getting tired of this kind of metality. Worse, they don't realize how bad it shows. Thanks to all for letting me vent.. Rubber Down!
DesertwolfZR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #155
Nplateau
Founding Member

Yo, Ebeezie, where are you swinging that lyrical pen of yours nowadays anyway? I'd like to read some more of your waxings from time to time. You were always very good at taking things beyond the numbers game and expressing the joy of motorcycling.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #156
flickmeister2
Founding Member

Soooo Sean: Who's faster on the track, you or Kevin Duke?? Inquiring minds want to know......
flickmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #157
ebass
Founding Member

I've got the Rocket III cover story on this month's Cruising Rider, 4 stories in this month's Barnett's, and a Goldwing test in Robb Report Motorcycling. I probably won't be doing much more freelancing now that I've got a full time gig at RoadRUNNER, but my stuff won't start appearing there for a few months.

Frankly, you can save your money. I just can't get away with my MO style at "real" publications, so its just the standard issue drek that's left after the publishers gut my work of any semblance of originality. It kinda pains me to look at my name on the top of most of it.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #158
Grum
Registered Member

My goodness, you are a duffer.

Step One - read wot I wrote. Step Two - realise that your first guess about my background might be incorrect. Step Three - wake up to the fact that there are more places on this planet than the US of boring A, and that there is no real competition between HD and wot you so quaintly refer to as "foreign" bikes (as far as sports riding is concerned)

In Australia all bikes are "foreign" and are therefore judged on their merits. Traffic is traffic, all over the world. (even if you do drive on the wrong side of the road - ever wonder why the sidestand is on the left?)

Riding on public roads as though you are on a race track is idiotic and only serves to give us all a bad name. I am not promoting HD per se, nor the pseudo he-man "lifestyle" . Simply bikes (and riding) appropriate for the real world.

PS I'v been riding Japanese, American, British, German and Italian bikes for over 30 years and have seen and experienced enough to know the difference between "fun" and "dumb"

PPS what exactly do YOU think motorcycling is all about?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #159
Vlad
Registered Member

I second the motion. How about something really strange, like testing a Hayabusa as a sport tourer? Had a friend of mine rigged one up that way and he loved it. He put hard bags and maybe some risers on it. Even two up, he said he had plenty of power.

Or go even further and do a full-on strange bikes as sport tourer test.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #160
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Kevin is an excellent journalist and accomplished racer. However, in the interest of honest journalism, I must confess that I am indeed faster. -Sean