Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Middleweight Supersport Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2686-2005-middleweight-supersport-shootout.html)

cstewart77 03-03-2005 04:58 AM

Re: 2005 Middleweight Supersport Shootout

So which ones have heated grips and center stands?

seruzawa 03-03-2005 05:35 AM

Re: Kook still persists though....

What is the url for his blog?

Tigercub 03-03-2005 05:39 AM

Great read! Good tech stuff.

Triumph always gets left out of these tests, I think because they are always a generation behind on the track. But since this one ended up being mostly about street cred I wonder how the new 650 stacks up against the big 4 600s (636)? Any chance of evaluating the Triumph 650? Is Triumph difficult or easy to deal with for getting bikes to test?

johnnyb 03-03-2005 06:02 AM

Nice job, lads.

so nice i haven't found time to read the whole thing yet. still, a shame you left out the Concours and the Hupmobile...

seruzawa 03-03-2005 06:30 AM

Re: Let's troll Nostradumbass' blog

Life can be hard enough. Who wants to invite trouble?

I'd no sooner invite Kook into my house than Michael Jackson or Ted Bundy.

seruzawa 03-03-2005 06:33 AM

Never mind, I just found it.

longride 03-03-2005 06:44 AM

I'm sure you're thrilled!

seruzawa 03-03-2005 06:51 AM

Ummmm.....

..... the purpose of professional critics is to provide information about movies and books so that people can decide whether to take the time to see/read them. Since anyone on the internet can go to motorcycle websites themselves there is absolutely no need to read the blog of a halfwit whose apparent purpose is to tell people what to think about what they can already see for themselves.

Even if Kook was sane his blog would be as useful as t1ts on a boar, gasoline in a Renault or granola in a Red State.

BMW4VWW 03-03-2005 07:21 AM

Re: Let's troll Nostradumbass' blog

Come on now. Michael Jackson, and Ted Bundy aren't that bad!

BBD_Racing 03-03-2005 07:33 AM

I thought that with some tweaking and bars that are about an inch higher, it would help quite a bit. REALLY visceral, exciting bike. My girlfriend got off the back shellshocked and grinning.

In my riding group, there is a 98, 04 and 05 6R. Fascinating comparo. The 98 is like a tourer. Sooooo smooth and pretty comfy. As much as I thought it was a bad idea, he dropped the suspension an inch (his wife rides it and is 5'4"). That, along with the huge aftermarket windscreen, makes it feel like a sweet little bike. The drop didn't screw up the handling nearly as much as I thought it would.

This lead me to wonder what an 04 would be like with 1/2 in drop in the rear only, bars that raise the hands one inch, and a big screen. Adjust the suspension for cushiness, and it might be a much friendlier moto without losing much agility. But then, I'm 220 lbs, so I never understoood the talk about heavy steering - they all seem really light to me.

My Z came with the same BT014/019 as the 04 636. I like them, but was planning on trying Diablo Corsas next time around. I've used street Pilots and raced Pilot Races and loved them. I should consider the Powers.

Have you tried the Diablos?